Next little project?
Box # 23? I've lost count........
Winkgrin
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Just completed #2....ready to start on #3.......might wind up with 20 boxes....

Thinking about switching to dovetail joints.....will see how that goes...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Not trying to question your technique, but are all of those clamps necessary for box joints? Seems they should almost hold themselves.
(05-21-2020, 09:07 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Just completed #2....ready to start on #3.......might wind up with 20 boxes....

Thinking about switching to dovetail joints.....will see how that goes...

Cool
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Labeled...not the best, but...

Will do the job.
Going to end this thread here. 

The next set of little boxes will be a little differently made....will start a new "Build Thread" for those.

Thanks for looking in....
Winkgrin
(05-22-2020, 07:55 AM)stav Wrote: Not trying to question your technique, but are all of those clamps necessary for box joints? Seems they should almost hold themselves.
Don’t see where you got an answer to your question, but no, good fitting box joints (or dovetail joints, for that matter) don’t require many, if any, clamps at all. A dovetail joint can benefit from a clamp across the pins to keep them from spreading out, but good fitting joints (box or dovetail) rarely benefit from clamping from corner to corner. The exception might be large cases, like a blanket chest, where there is so much going on with the joinery.
Ok...was more to pull reluctant pins into place...I sometimes get things a bit too tight.  
Rolleyes The other clamps were to hold the bottom in place, while the glue set....otherwise, I'd only need 4 clamps
Winkgrin

Ever try one clamp, 2 cauls, and holding everything in place at the same time....with just 2 hands....one of which has to tighten the clamp while you position  everything, before the glue starts to set..
Confused ..and, clean up any beads of glue, running across the surface...?
Angry
Angry
Angry

Then there is the "fun" of making sure things stay square, while you are doing all the above.....
No

I used a few extra clamps as the bottom ( or top) was a slip-fit...in some spots....trying to get everything nice and tight...and hope nothing MOVES out of place.  
Upset

Is THAT the answer you were looking for?  
Confused
Might wait and see....how this goes together...
Winkgrin

More than welcome to stop by, and make sure I'm doing this right.....after 40+ years, I may still be learning....
Confused

(05-24-2020, 04:25 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Might wait and see....how this goes together...
Winkgrin

More than welcome to stop by, and make sure I'm doing this right.....after 40+ years, I may still be learning....
Confused

Don’t know if you are responding to me or Stav, but I know how it’s going to go together... A forest of clamps with some cussin’ involved, slap some glue in the gaps, and hit it with a ROS and proclaim the remaining marks are from layout with a pencil or a sharpie, when apparently the layout is made with an an X-acto knife.