Next little project?
Bulge is a rib...there is another rib at the heal...Rib on the toe has a "No." and a "4" cast on it.    There is a frog adjust bolt.   The iron had a barely seen Stanley stamped on it. 

There was a display case that had 4  No.3 planes.....$70 each.  Was a bit hard to put one back into that case...

One dealer had almost everything a Blacksmith would need, to start up their shop....even a forge and blower....those 3 vices were at that dealer's stall.
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Box #2....last corner has been done.
Cool   then the clamps and glue showed up..
Winkgrin  

Either a "Clamp it, Jed" or...
Winkgrin

"Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated to the Hive"

Ooops, wrong BORG...

Knee has been drained, this morning...waiting on it to quit hurting...then see about removing those clamps....
Stay tuned....( they sure do use them LONG needles
No .)
(05-18-2020, 11:07 AM)bandit571 Wrote: Bulge is a rib...there is another rib at the heal...Rib on the toe has a "No." and a "4" cast on it.    There is a frog adjust bolt.   The iron had a barely seen Stanley stamped on it. 

In that case, not of Stanley manufacture, only the iron.  Is Stanley stamped on the lateral adjustment arm?  If not, that would seal it that its another make.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Lacking ANY name at all on it....for all I know, or really care..this could even be a Great Neck No. 4.....it IS however, a $15, no defects, heavy casting No.4....that does NOT have plastic handles.   They are solid wood, without any cracks.   At least the frog is not a stamped steel "toad".   Iron does have a 246 stamped in the back.
Confused 

Looking under the hood?

Around back....
Rolleyes 

That "lumpy" front end? Tall knob, with the raised ring...

Kidney shaped hole in the lever cap.   Base casting is a heavy duty, thick casting....

Now...go out and find a $15 Number 4 sized smooth plane in this shape....
Now...the clamps came off the inner box, today...c clamps first...
Winkgrin 

Once the rest of the clamps were put away....I could clean the box up a bit....and do a test for fit 

Almost too tight....took a wide chisel, and pared the insides a bit...then the storms came through...

Dungeon Creek was on the rise....time to call it a day....don't have web feet.
No

There IS a floor drain..

Back in that corner....

Maybe tomorrow, IF things dry out...I can start on the lid....stay tuned
Winkgrin
Still raining outside, still wet in the shop.....Need to sharpen the No.4's iron...has a few nicks in it.   No. 414c is working fine, iron is sharpened back up.  Buck Rogers 1950 brace has been cleaned and oiled, ready for work.   The V-Line 170 may need the bits sharpened up.   PEXTO chisel has been sharpened up enough, I can shave with it.    May work on that Fulton Special, next. 
Confused

Got the 4 sides for the box #2's lid crosscut to length...used the Stanley #358....don't feel like using corded tools down in the shop.....
No
Corded tools do seem like they would be a little bit of a problem right now.
Sides for the lid....

Fingers sized to that chisel's width....lots of cuts in the waste with a bandsaw...then the same chisel to pop the waste out...test fits..
Cool

Then get the rest of the corners done...
Winkgrin

Then the glue and clamps showed up..
Rolleyes

Then trimmed a "topper" to fit..barely...and installed that..

Trying to get all 4 corners in place..was about like herding cats...Added a caul as needed.  

Let this mess sit a day,,,then clean up and fit to the inner box.

Stay tuned...
Clamps came off today....nothing flew apart, always a good sign
Confused ....needed to pare the inside of the lid...was a bit too tight of a fit...
Rolleyes 

Hand and chin pressure only...Stanley Handyman 1-1/2" chisel is quite sharp....
Cool  

Then test for the fit...
Rolleyes

Piston fit!  Seemed almost a shame, to close the "vent"..
Rolleyes  

Then gave the lid a coat of Witch's Brew finish..
Cool

Been wiped down....waiting on it to dry, and find a label...to stick on one end...

So, next plane to get a box?
Confused

Seems to be  Stanley No. 18....
Confused
Vintage chisels have been sharpened up...may need to build a rack to hold them, as well..
Confused

ya think?   Stay tuned
Winkgrin
Apparently...the plane I have been calling a #118.
No ...is actually A Shelton No. 18..
Cool ....Stanley made the 118..
Rolleyes ..Have found, and printed out a label for the Shelton's new box.  
Cool