Your Biggest Tool Purchase Mistakes?
(05-11-2020, 04:00 PM)Murray M Wrote: OMG
I so remember that tool.
This forum was nuts for the BT3000

That was the funny looking saw with the sliding table, wasn't it? I bought the Delta saw next to it and used it for 20 years
To do is to be (Camus)
To be is to do (Sartre)
Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo (Sinatra)
A little different take on this.  I was at a guys house looking at this table saw when he offered me an old power hammer and a nice band saw for $75 each.  I didn't have room in my Volvo station wagon for all of that and the wife and kid (just one at that time) and I also didn't really have the funds.  I passed but never forgot that mistake.  I could have bought and resold both of those for twice what was paid if I could part with them at all.
My biggest mistake is the Delta Shaper. This machine is used the least in my shop, it just scares me. Maybe I would use it more if I have a power feeder. I just can't see spending more $$ for this tool. The router table, I love it, not as big of a cutter and I feel more in control. Anyone want to buy a shaper?
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
1. Craftsman Radial Arm saw. Blade climbed up on the wood while in use, scared the crap out of me.
Partly my fault due to using the blade that came on it when I bought it.
Woodnet taught me the error of my ways in using a positive rake blade for crosscutting.
I was REALLY happy to have someone take it off my hands.

2. Craftsman 12" tilt head band saw (yes tilt head not tilting table) I sold it and replaced it with a shopsmith stand alone bandsaw. The shopsmith owner really wanted it out of his basement as he didn't like the way it performed. He was right about how badly it cut, but once the blade was flipped over so that the teeth were pointing down, it cut just fine.
My .02
Karl

(05-11-2020, 06:57 PM)measure once cut remeasure Wrote: but once the blade was flipped over so that the teeth were pointing down, it cut just fine.

Laugh
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Grizzly wet sander. What a POS!
Good thing it was very inexpensive but still a pile!
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
A jointer. I just don’t use it.
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

"It's good to know, but it's better to understand."  Auze Jackson
Delta X-5 Unisaw. I've told this story too many times here. Death by normal use.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Skil 2 base router, posts on the plunge base had a quarter inch side play. Yard saled it after about a year.
Probably a jointer. Never used it much and got rid of it. Took up much needed space!
Dave