I must be getting old
(05-24-2020, 07:41 PM)MarkSingleton Wrote: Perhaps one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Portamate-PM-1800...55&sr=8-12

Needs some 10-12" wheels for gravel parking lots.
Winkgrin
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I’m building a new 8’ X 8’ garden shed for Miss Judy.
Saturday morning, loaded 32 2X4’s, 4 4X4X12’s, 16 2X6’s, 2 3/4” sheets plywood, 7 bags Crete, and 22 landscape blocks (unrelated).
All the wood is PT and was basically wet.
Once home, sunk posts 2-1/2’ deep in crete.
Yesterday, got the floor joists in.

Getting old ain’t for sissies.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Things do seem heavier than they used to be. @ 69 years young I went out and cut and loaded two cords of fire wood yesterday. Boy am I paying for it today. I am soar and stiff.
The 5' x 5' plywood sheets are a real struggle to get up on the tablesaw. I bought the Portamate and it makes getting the sheets tilted up and on the saw a lot easier especially the 18mm stuff. It took a little getting used to but it works. I also bought a 2 wheel "skate" made by FastCap that works quite well for moving sheets goods around the shop. I also use it for moving doors around.
LOML just ordered a cast iron claw foot tub. That will be a real fun to get into her new bathroom.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
Our cast iron claw foot, from the late 1920’s, took 4 healthy men to move without doing any damage to the hardwood floors.
At the time we did that, I was benching almost twice my weight.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(05-24-2020, 05:30 PM)DaveM123 Wrote: And I thought it was me.... 3/4 plywood weighs a ton now. Thought I would die carrying it 10 feet from my van to my shop. I know it doesn't have anything to do with me approaching 67....
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin

MDF is heavier, but 3/4" thick melamine is the worst because the edges are sharp enough to cut flesh. 

I have a mini-van now and I can setup my roller stands and roll the boards right onto saw horses and size the boards into manageable sizes.  I just got a Festool saw and I am hoping I can size to actual dimensions to reduce the labor.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.