Weird thing about Oneway spindle steady
(05-14-2020, 10:38 PM)EightFingers Wrote: I doubt it. The woman at Oneway said the ones I have are the most recent.
BTW, what I’m talking about is the spindle steady, not the bowl steady

Yes and that's what I'm discussing.

Mine has wide wheels. You are talking yours has silicone O-rings in the wheels.

I have No O-rings that fit in a wheel. Just wheels....

Big Grin
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

OK got it. I wonder if it would be better just to replace with roller skate wheels.
VH07V  
(05-15-2020, 01:22 PM)EightFingers Wrote: OK got it. I wonder if it would be better just to replace with roller skate wheels.

I don't believe so, unless you are planning on LARGE spindles.  Just isn't a lot of room on the swing arm adjustments to accommodate larger wheels.   As mentioned by myself and others, the old style had no soft rings, relying instead on a soft touch not to push into the steady. I haven't encountered any difficulty with compression or scoring on mine, even with sub-one inch spindles.  Might want to work without and see for yourself. The description specifically mentions non-marring, so some must consider it important.

https://www.woodcraft.com/products/spind...1079271d98
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
(05-15-2020, 01:22 PM)EightFingers Wrote: OK got it. I wonder if it would be better just to replace with roller skate wheels.

That's what I did.  The inline skate wheels are bigger.  O ring wheels = 2 & 1/4"  Skatewheels = 2 & 15/16"

For me it's not a problem, my homemade spindle steady is good up to 5" circumfrence.

I hung on to the old wheels, the o rings feel hard, I think they wouldn't last long in use.

I wonder if smaller skate wheels are available. I get inline skates at yard sales and flea markets cheap, well, I used to.

Attached Files Image(s)

They've changed the wheels. Your old wheels are different than mine.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I must have the old spindle steady. No o-rings on my wheels. Just the transluscent urethane wheels. Oneway sells a replacement set of o-rings (6 o-rings) for $14.95. A trip to the auto supply store or Ace Hardware and you can probably find replacements that will fit.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(05-16-2020, 08:13 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: They've changed the wheels. Your old wheels are different than mine.

Mine look like the ones in Woodcraft's catalog. https://www.woodcraft.com/products/spind...-for-delta  They've got a slick but slightly squishy feel.

Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
(05-17-2020, 06:42 PM)MichaelMouse Wrote: Mine look like the ones in Woodcraft's catalog. https://www.woodcraft.com/products/spind...-for-delta  They've got a slick but slightly squishy feel.

Yep. Same here.

Mercy. I don't remember paying that much.
Laugh
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020