Yet another prototype
Brenda has been sewing masks non-stop for the last 4 weeks and her sewing supplies and area are a disaster (her words). And she wants to work on some organization. So broke out the Shaper Origin again to experiment with making a spool rack from 1/2" BB ply. 

This works but I think it needs a little alteration of the sizes. Still, should work. But now I need to make about 10 more. And find some better 3/16" dowel. The stuff I had on hand was pretty stringy stuff. 

There are dowel joints inside where the butt joints are. Helps with alignment. All easy to do with the Shaper.

Amazing to me how fast I could draw the basic shapes, create the SVG files and move straight to cutting. Since you are in control of all cuts it is easy to fiddle with exact hole sizes by starting too small and sneaking up on a fit. Then record that offset and apply to all remaining holes of the same diameter. Can move as fine as 0.001" at a time. 0.005" is more realistic minimum size changes since wood-into-wood is a press-fit anyway.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
(05-16-2020, 10:01 PM)Rob Young Wrote: Amazing to me how fast I could draw the basic shapes, create the SVG files and move straight to cutting.

I enjoy seeing what these new tools like the Shaper Origin can do. 
Cool
For dowels could you use some longer bolts in place of them? Dan
(05-17-2020, 12:49 AM)Ohio Mike Wrote: I enjoy seeing what these new tools like the Shaper Origin can do. 
Cool

Likewise. Keep 'em coming!
(05-18-2020, 05:25 PM)rudedan60 Wrote: For dowels could you use some longer bolts in place of them? Dan

Sure, if you wished. I made two more without the alignment dowels and it worked out just fine. Glue and shot some 23 gauge pins to keep things from slipping around until all parts together and into clamps. 

Next revision is going to add french cleat so the "modules" can be wall hung and pulled down as needed for projects on her sewing bench.

A work in progress.
(05-18-2020, 05:53 PM)gov.cheese Wrote: Likewise. Keep 'em coming!

Some other projects that used the Shaper in some way :