Karl is at it again - new Block Plane
See it here:  http://www.holteyplanes.com/planes_No983.html
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(05-19-2020, 09:50 AM)Admiral Wrote: See it here:  http://www.holteyplanes.com/planes_No983.html

They just do not get any better!!!!!! The man is an absolute, legendary tool genius!!!!!!!!!
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Impeccable machining! Any idea of the price tag (may have to drop hints for Father's Day, 2021!).
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
[Image: no983-6.jpg]  

versus

[Image: VeritasPremiumBlockPlane_html_7cf62491.jpg]  

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Is he out of retirement, or is this a retrospective of his work?

(05-19-2020, 09:50 AM)Admiral Wrote: See it here:  http://www.holteyplanes.com/planes_No983.html
Wow!  You're not allowed to actually cut wood with that are you?
Wonder what it might cost to have one of everything he makes.
(05-19-2020, 12:01 PM)Derek Cohen Wrote: [Image: no983-6.jpg]  

versus

[Image: VeritasPremiumBlockPlane_html_7cf62491.jpg]  

Regards from Perth

Derek
Is it possible to buy either one today, new from the maker?
(05-19-2020, 11:17 AM)Tony Z Wrote: Impeccable machining!  Any idea of the price tag (may have to drop hints for Father's Day, 2021!).

From his web site........I imagine it will be ~2500Lbs

Each component in my planes requires many processes to complete and this adds up to many hundreds for the finished tool. A plane may take in excess of two hundred hours of labour to complete and this time is reflected in the prices I ask. Although I no longer publish a price list, prices for the low angle planes start at around £2500 pounds and rise to around £7000 for the large panel planes.

If you are interested in any of the planes shown on the stock or home pages please inquire via the contact page. A plane which is in production may be secured on payment of a 20% non returnable deposit, with the balance paid in stages or prior to delivery.
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

I don't know about the Holtey, but the Veritas NX60 is in stock.

The Holtey is beautiful, but I think I'd prefer some sort of finger depressions on the sides for easier handling, despite the published review of the plane by Jim Hooker. It looks like a pretty hefty plane, and not everyone's hands are going to fit the plane like Hooker's. Similar to chisels, the shape and weight of a plane can be a personal preference. Also, there's no adjustable mouth, which may be overrated for a low angle block plane, but might be preferable for some operations. The LN 60-1/2, the Veritas NX60 and Veritas Standard Block planes all have adjustable mouths.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill