Problem with Frigidaire MW
I have a 2 yr old Frigidaire MW over the stove and it's worked flawlessly, yesterday I warmed up leftovers for lunch, no problem, 20min later my wife went to use it and it was stone cold dead, checked the breaker, ok, checked the outlet, ok, called repair and can't come for a week and a half. I'm wondering if there's an inline fuse that I could check. I'm not worried about replacing it, we bought the extended warranty after we were replacing them every 2-3 yrs, I think this is # 5 that we have changed and I'm getting too old the do them myself.
Im sure these are the same people that have said they got no problem eating cats and dogs but shreek like little girls at the sight of an octopus.jonzz 12/17/13
My parents bought me a microwave when I bought my first condominium, back in (probably) 1984 - 1986.   I kept it until I moved into my house, and it was too big and bulky. 

I  brought it to the office and donated it to the factory.  Last time I checked it was still working. 

They fail every three years because the manufacturers want them to fail.  The same goes for all modern appliances it seems.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(05-19-2020, 01:51 PM)splinter7612 Wrote: I have a 2 yr old Frigidaire MW over the stove and it's worked flawlessly, yesterday I warmed up leftovers for lunch, no problem, 20min later my wife went to use it and it was stone cold dead, checked the breaker, ok, checked the outlet, ok, called repair and can't come for a week and a half. I'm wondering if there's an inline fuse that I could check. I'm not worried about replacing it, we bought the extended warranty after we were replacing them every 2-3 yrs, I think this is # 5 that we have changed and I'm getting too old the do them myself.

I recently had a similar experience with our GE Profile that we bought in 2013.

Went on line, and there was a You Tube video there showing where my fuses were.

On mine, they were right behind the control panel, which was easy to access by removing two screws.

However, my fuses were good. Seemed to be a cracked IC board, as when I flexed it, I got power.

I wound up replacing the entire MW.

And you're right.... like you, I'm getting too old to do them myself...

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
Festool microwave supports.

Bet those were expensive!
VH07V  

Laugh
Laugh

Perfect size, and nice and strong.

Used them in 2013 as well when we put that MW in.
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
I had to replace the bulb in my Kitchenaid microwave (14 yrs old), had to take the thing practically out of the cabinet and had to pull the control panel off to get to the bulb.  The panel was very difficult to get reconnected, I about through in the towel on it.  It's got sharp edges and it drew blood.

Fast forward about 30 days, one of the tension springs that helps to support the weight of the door while opening broke.  Have to take the control panel off to get to them.  Ugh.

We have a home warranty, $100 deductible, thinking about just paying them to do it.  Cost of the tension springs is about $80.  Prolly will call the home warranty company.