Anyone tried Lee Valley router sled
I realised I already have the table and I have some ideas so I ordered the Router sled. I will let you know what I think of it when I bet it set up and tried out.It will be a while because it is on back order.

Tom
I would think 3/4 black iron would be more stable. Heck people use it for pipe clamps. The hardware is pretty easy to source to any hardware store should have them you can make the the wooden parts out of mdf. It would be more stable if you made the whole thing out of wood like most people do and it isn't to time consuming. Basically making boxes with one face left off.
My sled hardware arrived today and my cutter from Holbren arrived yesterday. I looked at the EMT tubing last weekend and noted that it would be more than rigid enough.I have figured out how to move the tubs around so they can be narrowed up and also shortened so rigidity is a moot point. The cost of the tub was just north of $20 and it will take 3 tubes.  The cutter is a 2 inch diameter cutter and I didn't have one that size laying around so it looks to be around $200 total not counting the router or the table. The table I already have. I pull plywood out of the truck and then rough cut it to size so it is a free bee. otherwise one is looking at another $50 or so.

Pictures of the table in use.

[attachment=27840]

[attachment=27841]

[attachment=27842]

Tom
(05-30-2020, 12:32 AM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: One can cast doubt about the product as it's too new but anyone who wondered if its price is reasonable should find another (cheaper) hobby such as paper folding to do. $69 or more is how much many of us spend on a weekend family evening meal at a restaurant (pre covid 19). Non lavish by most people's standards. The fact that it has been sold out tells us perhaps it is underpriced.

Simon

I dunno... $15 per 16x20" sheet?

Matt
How to avoid becoming a sucker: https://www.amazon.com/Origami-Paper-Dou...B06XW45PMR

Simon
tablesawtom Wrote:My sled hardware arrived today and my cutter from Holbren arrived yesterday. I looked at the EMT tubing last weekend and noted that it would be more than rigid enough.I have figured out how to move the tubs around so they can be narrowed up and also shortened so rigidity is a moot point. The cost of the tub was just north of $20 and it will take 3 tubes. The cutter is a 2 inch diameter cutter and I didn't have one that size laying around so it looks to be around $200 total not counting the router or the table. The table I already have. I pull plywood out of the truck and then rough cut it to size so it is a free bee. otherwise one is looking at another $50 or so.
Sounds great, Tom. I'm looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts on the setup and what you do/don't like about it once you have a chance to use it.

And good to know about the EMT. I should have taken a look at that myself when I ventured out to the big box store the other day.

Thanks,
Tyler
(06-25-2020, 08:33 PM)OneStaple Wrote: Sounds great, Tom. I'm looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts on the setup and what you do/don't like about it once you have a chance to use it.

And good to know about the EMT. I should have taken a look at that myself when I ventured out to the big box store the other day.

Thanks,
Tyler

I bought the tubing yesterday so all I have to do is mount the router. I have 2 workbench builds going on as well as 2 cabinets so it will be a week or two or three before I get to using it.  have a glued up top for one of the cabinets that I am going to try it out on.

Just so you can understand, I live 17 miles from the nearest stop light and 60 miles from the nearest big box. Yesterday I went with a friend to get a dehumidifier so I got the tubes. Wasn't thrilled about getting something 3 weeks to a month ahead of time but oh well.

Tom