Marking walnut
I see people using a white leaded pencils. for a lack of a better thing to call it, for marking on dark woods, in magazines and so on. I do not prefer to work in walnut but I have been lately. I have been using a felt marker on surfaces  so I can check to see if the boards are cleaned up on the jointed and to keep track or edges that stile need to be cleaned up.

Anyway I would like to know where I can find one and I am sure I can get my answer here 

Tom
Tom, any art supply store will have white pencils and other colors too. I have three or four different kinds. Some are more like crayons than pencils. I prefer ones with a little harder "lead." I've also found that some colors show up well. A light blue or turquoise seems to show up well on walnut and other dark woods. Yellow not so much.
I have also used crayons and chalk on walnut for the job you're taking about - marking lines to help with jointing and planing. For joinery, I like to first mark with a knife, go over the mark with a colored pencil or chalk and then with an eraser. The color will stay in the knife line and give you a pretty crisp mark to follow.
I use these, https://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-Aquarellable...HIJSCRRJzg Get several different colors, they work great.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Tom: I've got some at Office Depot, but I'm sure Staples has them, art stores, craft stores like Michaels and Hobby Lobby. More of a draftsman/artist thing.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Tom,  not as good, but red works okay - you can find red lead for mechanical pencils in art stores, and in office supply stores
Tom, any art supply store will have white pencils and other colors too. I have three or four different kinds. Some are more like crayons than pencils. I prefer ones with a little harder "lead." I've also found that some colors show up well. A light blue or turquoise seems to show up well on walnut and other dark woods. Yellow not so much.
I have also used crayons and chalk on walnut for the job you're taking about - marking lines to help with jointing and planing. For joinery, I like to first mark with a knife, go over the mark with a colored pencil or chalk and then with an eraser. The color will stay in the knife line and give you a pretty crisp mark to follow.
Thanks for the replies. All the stores mentioned are a hours drive away, and Amazon is out of white. Sometimes living 17 miles from the nearest stop light sucks .
At least I know where to go when I go to get supplies.

On the bright side it is only 2 1/2 hours to Handworks in Amana.

Tom
Tom, Dick Blick is a huge art supply house and they are easy to deal with online. My daughter is a painter and I order stuff for her all the time from these people. They have about a hundred different makers of colored pencils. You can order sets as well as individual pencils. I like these:

https://www.dickblick.com/products/bruyn...d-pencils/

Scroll down for individual pencils by color.
I use blue colored pencils. Available at walmart.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Tom

I bought a silver color roller ball pen type at either hobby lobby or dick blicks.  I do believe any hobby store will have them or in thin felt tip which maybe what mine is also.

Also thinking Office Max or another place like that will have them to.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.