Marking walnut
I use silver blue print marking pencils. Only thing is that they are soft.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
They make yellow lead for mechanical pencils. Amazon sells it. That way, you won't need to sharpen the pencil. Pilot makes 0.7mm yellow pencil leads. Uni makes 0.5mm leads. Available on Amazon.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
My wife gave me a PICA- Dry long life pen from Woodcraft. Not sure why they call it a pen, but it has large replaceable leads that you can get in many colors. Also has a sharpener built into the top. The yellow and white leads work best on walnut.
John
(05-25-2020, 06:53 AM)tablesawtom Wrote: I see people using a white leaded pencils. for a lack of a better thing to call it, for marking on dark woods, in magazines and so on. I do not prefer to work in walnut but I have been lately. I have been using a felt marker on surfaces  so I can check to see if the boards are cleaned up on the jointed and to keep track or edges that stile need to be cleaned up.

Anyway I would like to know where I can find one and I am sure I can get my answer here 

Tom
Acrylic paint marker pens write on just about anything and come in all colors, either in single color "sets" or as a mixed color set..They dry fast and do not fade..Walmart, Amazon, Art supplies etc...I use them as plant markers and are the only ones I have found that sunlight does not fade and now the only thing I will use for that purpose.

This black one has a .07mm point...fine...from Amazon ~$6.00 for six shipping included

[Image: fullsizeoutput-cfc.jpg]
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

I work a fair amount in walnut.  I've tried red, blue, silver and white.  White serves me best but, finding pencils with a white lead that is reasonably resilient when marking wood took a while.  I'm sure there are others, Prismacolor Premier or Prismacolor Verithin white and red work for me.  You can find them by the dozen at most of the usual places.
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.