A few things I have done
It has been slow not having anyone around since December so I have been trying to finish up my wife and daughters wish lists and did a few things on my own.

As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Great work. I likethe first bowl the best. The one with the partial missing edge.Some of theothers have nice grain though. Thanks for posting
The first two bowls are from the same Elm that looks like some burl in it.  My wife likes that one the best to.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

What’s the wood in that little box?
VH07V  
(05-28-2020, 03:39 AM)EightFingers Wrote: What’s the wood in that little box?

Weeping willow which was cut from my wife's Great Great Grandmothers tree and a twig was passed down until my MIL planted it and it was 30+ years old before starting to die out.  I tried to get my wife to replant another piece but did not.

I have a few other pieces of it and one has some curl to it.

Those are some very nice work.

What is the wood and finish for the dark brown bowl?
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(05-28-2020, 09:09 PM)iclark Wrote: Those are some very nice work.

What is the wood and finish for the dark brown bowl?

Black Walnut.  The finish is one I made of Zinnigers (sp?) WOP, Clear shellac, BLO, and about 5% of DNA to help it dry.

I soak it while it is stopped and then turn the lathe on at about 1500rpm and really apply pressure.  That is two coats of the finish.

It was an experiment and seems to work very well with the DNA instead of spirits.

(05-27-2020, 03:02 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: It has been slow not having anyone around since December so I have been trying to finish up my wife and daughters wish lists and did a few things on my own.

Hi Arlin, it's all good stuff. I particularly like the bowl with the red bottom. More photos of that seems in order. It looks gorgeous. 
I am going to try a fruit/Veggie series.  That one is to look like the outside of a tomato.  The wood is Ash and the only piece I had.  I hope to find some cheap stuff on EBay for 6 or more to do.

When I can borrow my daughters camera again I will take more photos of the other stuff and a different angle of his one as well.I aI a

I like the box. I have some maple drying to make one. Very nice work.
Don