Tenon size
Turning maple bowl n wondering what size tenon? Bowl is 11.75 inches wide x 3 inches. Wood is dry. I turned a tenon for my 35mm spigot jaws n it looks too small. Only other jaws I have are the 5omm nova jaws. Thaks
I'm self taught, so I don't know any guidelines.  For a bowl that size, I would use my 4" jaws.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
(05-27-2020, 03:05 PM)Bill Mains Wrote: Turning maple bowl n wondering what size tenon? Bowl is 11.75 inches wide x 3 inches. Wood is dry. I turned a tenon for my 35mm spigot jaws n it  looks too small. Only other jaws I have are the 5omm nova jaws. Thaks

Late to do a bottom mortise, but the 50mm will handle a 12" shallow bowl easily.  If you're a cutter, not a hacker, your 35 should handle things, but the coward in me says to put waste on a faceplate (or held by a 50mm mortise) with a suitable-for-gluing mortise for your existing tenon.

I think I used my spigot jaws exactly twice before they moved along to the back of the drawer.  I don't like to chew the wood, so I use the wedge jaws either in mortises or occasionally with tenons.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
What MM said.

If you could have put it in expansion you could have done it up to 3" or wider. 

How big are you going to make the foot??  I think I would make it 3.5" to 4" to keep the bowl stable unless it is an art piece then it can sit on a needle point. 
Laugh
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.