VA Woodturning Symposium 2020 cancelled
Information 
As part of the local (virtual) woodturning club meeting Tuesday evening, it was announced that the 2020 Virginia Woodturning Symposium has been cancelled due to CV19.

It was to have been held in Fishersville VA in November.

The VA and NC woodturning symposiums are held in alternating years with VA in even-numbered years and NC in odd-numbered years.

So, the next VA woodturning symposium is penciled in for fall 2022.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(05-28-2020, 09:06 PM)iclark Wrote: As part of the local (virtual) woodturning club meeting Tuesday evening, it was announced that the 2020 Virginia Woodturning Symposium has been cancelled due to CV19.

It was to have been held in Fishersville VA in November.

The VA and NC woodturning symposiums are held in alternating years with VA in even-numbered years and NC in odd-numbered years.

So, the next VA woodturning symposium is penciled in for fall 2022.

I can not wait until next year when it is in Omaha. 
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(05-30-2020, 06:54 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I can not wait until next year when it is in Omaha. 
Yes

That would be the AAW Symposium.

I was planning to go to the AAW this year in Louisville KY, but that one got cancelled a while back. Now, the November VA symposium.

I'm afraid that Omaha is a bit far for me (~1300 miles).
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

I would have loved to meet you.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Mid-Atlantic is gone also
If it don't hold soup, it's ART!!

Dry Creek Woodturning

(06-01-2020, 12:01 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I would have loved to meet you.

I would have liked that as well.

Unfortunately, until I retire, the drive to see the family in Bradenton is about the most that I can manage.

(06-01-2020, 03:45 PM)AnthonyYak Wrote: Mid-Atlantic is gone also

Sorry to hear that.

I am starting to worry that my high school reunion that is scheduled for October will get gone. After 50yrs, it is pretty definite that we are all in the at risk group.

I'm sorry to hear these symposiums have been cancelled. I understand and think it's the right thing to do now, but it doesn't make it less disappointing. Let's face it, from my experience, the majority of the attendees to these are in the high risk category.

As much as I'm not a fan of the Tennessee turning symposium's January date due to possible weather issues, it was worth the drive this year and the weather was good. It'll be interesting to see if they have it next January. Unfortunately, I don't think we will be finished with COVID-19 by then.
"73 is the best number because it's the 21st prime number, and it's mirror 37 is the 12th prime number, whose mirror 21 is the product of 7 times 3. Also in binary 73 is 1001001, which is a palindrome." - Nobel Laureate, Dr. Sheldon Cooper
But the National is going virtual
If it don't hold soup, it's ART!!

Dry Creek Woodturning

(06-03-2020, 12:26 AM)AnthonyYak Wrote: But the National is going virtual

I thought that that was the case, but I checked the AAW symposium webpages before I posted the above and they all just say "cancelled." At that point, I figured that I was just getting it confused with the SPIE and AIAA symposiums.
Sigh

The AAW symposium pages still all say "cancelled."

After you posted (and I checked the AAW symposium webpages), I checked my email and found the May 28 announcement on going virtual. That announcement has not been added to the AAW symposium announcements pages yet.

Admittedly, since the latest power grab by the AAW board I have been too disgusted to spend much time on their website other than the quick check directly to the symposium pages.