ok to use quickcrete crack resistant on fence post?
I have 3 fence posts to set and I have several bags of Quickcrete "crack resistant" concrete mix left over:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Quikrete-80-.../100318448

Do any of you know if there's any reason not to use this for the fence posts? Can I dump it in the hole dry and add water or must it be pre-mixed?
I don't know why you couldn't use it for that application.  I wouldn't buy it specifically for setting psots due to increased cost over regular "cheap" pre-mixed bags, but I'm also not a fan of concrete mix just sitting in the shed long term waiting for a "someday, something" use.

If it was me, I'd use it. But I think I would pre-mix it.
Yep; you already own it—mix it up and pour it down.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
I've used old bags of mortar, grout, concrete.. whatever sets.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

If you pour it in dry, the moisture in the ground is sufficient to harden and set the mortar or cement. But, it’s difficult to set a post when the bottom remains loose, since you can’t tamp down the powder. Of course you can’t tamp down wet cement either. A deep-set, well-tamped fence post will be as firm as one set in cement. I guess I’m thinking of soil with lots of clay. Sandy soil would benefit from the cement
(05-30-2020, 08:54 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: I've used old bags of mortar, grout, concrete.. whatever sets.

me too
1st class birdhouse builder/scrapwood mfg.
Thanks all. I used the stuff, pre-mixed it. worked fine. posts are set!