question re stanley 6c frog?
I have a type 14 6c with a frog that has the top broken. What other Stanley plane # frogs will fit and does it need to be a typre 14 frog?
13 will fit I think. I have a full set of 13's.
I'll see if I have any 14's left. I shed about 200 planes a few years ago plus most all of the parts.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Later models of Stanley No. 5-1/2 will work, as long as it is after the switch from 2-1/4" width to 2-3/8" width.....also, No. 7 planes are the same width, as is the No. 4-1/2

Both of my #6s  are Type 10s....No. 6, and No. 6c
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(05-31-2020, 07:46 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Later models of Stanley No. 5-1/2 will work, as long as it is after the switch from 2-1/4" width to 2-3/8" width.....also, No. 7 planes are the same width, as is the No. 4-1/2

Both of my #6s  are Type 10s....No. 6, and No. 6c

thank you very helpful info

things seem to have changed a lot as intact planes seem to scarce for some reason

not many years ago #3 and #6 planes were not well regarded they seem to have found a audience.
(06-01-2020, 11:08 AM)Jack in omaha Wrote: not many years ago #3 and #6 planes were not well regarded they seem to have found a audience.

Patrick's Blood and Gore trashed #6 planes, for no good reason IMO.  That was over 25 years ago; they make creditable jointers, and are great for flattening panels.  Much overlooked planes.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(06-01-2020, 11:58 AM)Admiral Wrote: Patrick's Blood and Gore trashed #6 planes, for no good reason IMO.  That was over 25 years ago; they make creditable jointers, and are great for flattening panels.  Much overlooked planes.
You can say that again.

Tom
(06-02-2020, 06:31 PM)tablesawtom Wrote: You can say that again.

Tom

Ok, I will . . . .

Patrick's Blood and Gore trashed #6 planes, for no good reason IMO.  That was over 25 years ago; they make creditable jointers, and are great for flattening panels.  Much overlooked planes.

Sorry Tom, I couldn't resist....  
Laugh
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(06-02-2020, 07:21 PM)Admiral Wrote: Ok, I will . . . .

Sorry Tom, I couldn't resist....  
Laugh

Play it again Sam.

Tom
(06-01-2020, 11:58 AM)Admiral Wrote: Patrick's Blood and Gore trashed #6 planes, for no good reason IMO.  That was over 25 years ago; they make creditable jointers, and are great for flattening panels.  Much overlooked planes.

I kind of still agree with PB&G, I bought a No. 6 and never use it, I would sell it but then one day I'd probably just buy another one to not use.  For flattening panels I switch between my 5 and 8, and for jointing I use my 8 for everything except the occasional short/thin board, where I just use my 5 or even a 4.
"Yes, of course duct tape works in a near-vacuum. Duct tape works anywhere. Duct tape is magic and should be worshiped." Andy Weir (in his book The Martian)
I have both a No.6, Type 10...and a No. 6c, Type 10.    IF the work I'm doing fits that size of plane, I will use either of the 2.   Depends on how tired my arms are, whether it will be the Stanley No. 8, the Stanley No. 7c, or one of the No. 6 planes......sometimes, the Millers Falls No. 15 will get used.....other times either the No. 14, or the No. 11

Just depends on the size of the work being done, and how late in the work day it is.....
Winkgrin 

Sometimes just a Jack plane....
Cool

Sometimes a No. 7c will show up....
YMMV
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that