router plane
(06-01-2020, 12:14 PM)Derek Cohen Wrote: Derek

That sounds like a better way than the rough sanding I saw people use.

Simon
(06-01-2020, 10:47 AM)Derek Cohen Wrote: Simon, several years ago I posted a modification for the Small Router plane, which fixes any blade twisting.

[Image: ModifyingTheLVSmallRouterPlane_html_623dbba5.jpg]

The rear of the shaft receives a little grind into a triangle. This back the blade then locks into the blade holder ...

[Image: ModifyingTheLVSmallRouterPlane_html_3bc60228.jpg]

Article here: http://www.inthewoodshop.com/ShopMadeToo...Plane.html

Regards from Perth

Derek
Is the body of the router plane round to receive a round shank on the small router plane. If I understand correctly you are grinding the shaft of the cutter to keep it from rotating. Are you putting a veei in the body also?
Tom, the body (receiver) has a Vee. The shaft of the blade is round. Round shaft in a Vee hole = spinning. However, vee back of shaft into vee hole = solid, non-moving.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
(06-02-2020, 12:49 AM)Derek Cohen Wrote: Tom, the body (receiver) has a Vee. The shaft of the blade is round. Round shaft in a Vee hole = spinning. However, vee back of shaft into vee hole = solid, non-moving.

Regards from Perth

Derek

I couldn't tell from the picture if part of the hole was round or a vee. Putting a vee on the cutter is the easy part. I would just put it in an indexing holder and surface grinf=d it in . That is why I was asking. I don't know but I would think the other cutters could be fitted to the body also.

Thanks for the information.

Tom
Ordered the big Veritas router plane, with the fence, this morning. I would like to thank everyone for their input, both for either the Varitas or the Lie Nielsen. Since I also orderes the router sled hardware kit I will have to take a wait and see attitude about the other cutters. It was a big enough chunk of change.

Tom