Trim router suggestions
I bought the Dewalt 611 kit with two bases from Northern Tool:

It it $220.00 now.

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/..._200653251

Amazon.com has it listed as a third party sold item at a higher price. 

Lately Amazon's deliveries have been sluggish.   Northern is still on the game. 

I ordered some items (in stock) on Sunday and it did not get shipped until Friday.  So two day delivery from Amazon seems out the window. 

I like doing business with Northern.  Free shipping.  Quick shipping.  They carry brand name stuff and also their own products that compete with Harbor Freight but seem to be of a higher quality.  If you have time, watch for a few weeks.  They have huge sales on items that then return to original pricing.

I bought a welding table that was listed at $399.00 for many months than dropped to $199.00 and then went back up to $399.00.  A while back they had it at $149.00.

It is now regularly priced at $199.00 and is on sale at $169.00.

So if you have time look at their site daily until you don't have anymore time.  The big sale might happen. 

But the router is $220.00 now including shipping.

The Tool Nut has it at $200.00 + free shipping.  They have been reliable too.

https://www.toolnut.com/catalogsearch/re...outer+kits
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Thanks everyone for the post. Sorry iam just now getting back to you.. I never ever receive notifications that a post was made.

Any ways. I was looking at the dewalt since most all my power hand tools are dewalt. The one thing that turned me off from it was how the height adjustment is made and heard or should say read that the height adjustment ring wasnt very user friendly nor very accurate..

My main heavy duty router is a 1950 craftsman and it has the same style ring which can be a pain to use when really trying to dial it in.. But it sounds like what I've read about the dewalt may not be true if you all love it...
My vote is Ridgid. Especially if you go to https://www.directtoolsoutlet.com/ . I've had mny reconditioned version  for several years and have put it through the ringer, it never lets me down.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Got a free digital issue link for the latest Wood magazine the other day.  They review corded and cordless trim routers. I have a few of the original Bosch Colts but, that is because I already had a lot of things setup for them before any other really nice small routers were around. If I were starting from scratch in this arena I would probably end up with the De Walt despite my large De Walts all being sent down the road years ago. There is a tactile value to routers so, the numbers don't tell the whole story when it comes to satisfactory use in the shop.
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

The little Bosch Colt is a nice little router.
(05-31-2020, 06:39 PM)Koda64 Wrote: Howd all. Iam in the market for a trim router and with so many on the market I wanted to see if anyone can give me their opinion on which one I should look at and why.  
Thanks in advance

I've heard nothing but raves about the Milwaukee Fuel M18. I pulled the trigger yesterday, should have mine in a week and a half. If you're interested, I can post my impressions of it. FWW said it would have easily won their recent trim router shootout had they had it in their hands at the time.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
I got a Dewalt 20v cordless 6 months ago and love it so much that I gave my old trim router away.  I thought it would never work as good but I was wrong.  Combined  with not having to mind a cord it is wonderful.
WoodNET... the new safespace
(06-07-2020, 11:14 PM)Aram Wrote: I've heard nothing but raves about the Milwaukee Fuel M18. I pulled the trigger yesterday, should have mine in a week and a half. If you're interested, I can post my impressions of it. FWW said it would have easily won their recent trim router shootout had they had it in their hands at the time.

I was sad to hear about some of the others problems, like keeping an accurate depth.  So, I waited for the Milwaukee.

I've had it for a month or two and really like it.  Balanced well, good visibility of the bit, and the LED does make a difference.
"Aram:I've heard nothing but raves about the Milwaukee Fuel M18. I pulled the trigger yesterday, should have mine in a week and a half. If you're interested, I can post my impressions of it. FWW said it would have easily won their recent trim router shootout had they had it in their hands at the time"

Yeah I'd love to hear what you think about it... itll make my decision even more difficult but definitely let us know what you think of it... Still a bit away before my project needs it so have a few more days untill I need to finally decide
(06-09-2020, 09:42 AM)Koda64 Wrote: "Aram:I've heard nothing but raves about the Milwaukee Fuel M18. I pulled the trigger yesterday, should have mine in a week and a half. If you're interested, I can post my impressions of it. FWW said it would have easily won their recent trim router shootout had they had it in their hands at the time"

Yeah I'd love to hear what you think about it... itll make my decision even more difficult but definitely let us know what you think of it... Still a bit away before my project needs it so have a few more days untill I need to finally decide

OK. It's scheduled to arrive on the 18th.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site