A project for June?
That wood is going to look really nice with the clear finish on it.
Never fails...mark a BIG "V" across a bunch of boards, the make sure they all are line up, go to glue them up....

And none are in the right place
Angry 
At least, all the defects are where I can clean them up..

Came time to trim the ends,   had a few small bad spots...
Rolleyes

Went from 40" long to 38-5/8"  long....cut list..

Called for 39"....close enough....width?  went from 24" wide down to 21-5/8" wide....list wanted 23-1/2"   Will just have to do.
Rolleyes

Trying to level the surfaces...jack plane first...

Diagonals to level the glue joints....then the big guy was put to work..
Winkgrin 

Then came back with a #3 to hit a few trouble spots...Beltsander to level the underside of the top.....brand new 80 grit belt.
Rolleyes

I'm soaked, crampy, and very sore in the right hip.
No   Will see AFTER a trip to the store with the Boss...
Rolleyes ..about laying out for the re-sized bottom shelf....
Confused

Stay tuned....have to re-figure a few sizes in the cut list....
Rolleyes
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Bandit

Can you just put breadboards on the ends to make up for the length??
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Not enough room for them.   Am only 3/8" short of full length.   Should be fine.  
Winkgrin
Bottom shelf is now in the clamps...
Cool

Sorted through 5 planks, to get 4 I could use....one had a HUGE knot dead centered in the board....no matter which way I measured....still wound up IN the panel...cut the knot out, saved the 2 ends for smaller shelves. Straight-line ripped to get a decent edge for a glue up.

Laid two pipe clamps on the saw....sorted through the 4 planks for grain match, and best face up.....only thing that will see the bottom of this shelf...is   the kitchen floor...
Winkgrin

Will let this sit overnight....and then see how it trims up....need to write up Page 2 of the Paper Plan......a lot of joints will happen to this shelf......lots of lay out work....

Stay tuned.
Winkgrin
Panel is out of the clamps..

Needed to square the ends a bit...

Not much will get trimmed off...need to flatten a few spots along the glue joints...first, set up the saw guide..
Rolleyes

Then the 6" SKIL saw to trim to the line.  Guide is on the right side of the saw, distance between the blade and the right edge of the saw's foot.  Just push along against the guide.
Beltsander locked up on me....cheap Wall E World 3 x 18"....motor had froze up....and wound up in the big blue trash can....while I head to Harbor Freight to replace the sander...
Round trip to Lima OH....$45 spent, including the ONLY 3 x 21" belts in the store....36grit....will just have to do....buzzed the high spots along the glue joints to close to level...needed drastic measures...so...
Winkgrin

Since the No. 7c was a bit too big for me tired and sweaty arms....I downsized a bit...
Winkgrin

Stanley No. 6, made before Stanley added a frog adjust bolt...Type 9?
Confused
After all, it IS just the bottom shelf...right?
Rolleyes  

Maybe Monday, I can draw up Page 2....and start making more parts
Confused

Stay tuned...
Winkgrin
First off, I needed 4 blanks ripped to make 4 legs...3/4" x 2-1/2" x 32-3/4"

A little figuring led to that wedge being removed...
Rolleyes 

Photo also showed I needed to double up the foot areas, so a caster could be attached...so..
Rolleyes

Now there are 4 bracket feet to be glued on...
Rolleyes  

Caster should have enough room?

Later....I had all 4 legs clamped up ( about shot any more tablesaw work for the day.
No .) 

But, before that, I managed to rip a few more parts for widths, and cross cut for lengths..and even a couple rebates 

The bottom shelf has thickened edges...
Rolleyes 

So..
Rolleyes

Need to mill the long sides, later....as they also get a curve to them...
Stay tuned, have just a little more to post....about a 2 hour Monday in the shop...
Cool ..along with changing out the fill valve in the toilet tank...
Upset

Was one of them days....
Rolleyes
While I was ripping things down...needed a few parts for the middle shelf..
Rolleyes  

3/4" thick shelf get a thickened edge as well....about...1-3/4" worth...Had a partial plank I could made 3 rip cuts on..
Winkgrin 

2 sides and an end....will get the same rebates as the bottom shelf ones. 
First, I do need to make that middle shelf....

Legs will sit in notches on the corners of the shelves...got out a vintage saw for that job...
Rolleyes   

B&D Sabre saw...all metal version, no less.   And..new new, never been used blade!
Winkgrin 

Notch to be made...
Confused  

One done, three to go for the bottom shelf....
Cool

Running low on Ash boards..
Uhoh ..may go and spent another $16-20 on about 4 more 1 x 6 x 9' planks....and even plane them down to 3/4"  before I head for home...
Rolleyes

Have to go to Piqua, OH tomorrow....have a couple dovetail saws to pick up at the sharpening service.....may stop and pick up the lumber as well, on the way home.
Cool
Stay tuned..
Winkgrin
Saws aren't ready, yet.
No ....EVERYBODY needed their mower blades, and hedge shears sharpened up....
Upset

Spent a little time in the shop this morning....making a few more parts....
Rolleyes
Looking forward to more.
Yes
Rolleyes
Rolleyes
Rolleyes
Uhoh
Uhoh
Raised
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Cool
Cool

I do not remember all the icons you use so I might have missed some.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.