A project for June?
1 x 6 x 8' Pine for the drawer sides and back has been bought, and hauled down to the shop.    2 drawer sides have been cut from it.   Ripped to width, the strips ripped were then glued in place as drawer guides....sides are now the correct width to slide all the way in.  Have marked out  how much the back will need to be cut to...with about an 1" to spare...will get ripped for width, once I figure that out....

A 1/4" x 2' x 4' Luann plywood panel has been bought...will get cut to fit as the drawer's bottom panel.....haven't hauled it to the shop, yet.

A 3/4" x 2' x 4' Pine plywood panels has been bought....will get cut to size for the middle shelf.....I have strips of Ash ready to cover the edges of the plywood shelf....will set the one end on a cleat on the divider....the other end is attached to the legs....via counter-bored screws....

Hinges I had laid out for the door....too small, too loose in the pin.   Will get a few Brass, surface mount hinges...instead.   Handles are bright brass, to match the rest of the hardware in the kitchen. 

A 3 pack of door hinges was bought...to replace the broken, PLASTIC hinges on the Back Door's screen door...new ones are powder-coated steel. 

And, that was it for today.....on one hours sleep...need a nap, now...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
That 1 x 6 Pine board:   Hauled to the shop last night....was cross cut for the 2 drawer sides, then ripped for width.   Strips that were cut off were re-used..

Cut to length, and installed as drawer guides...bead of glue, couple of clamps....

Drawer front needed re-sized for width...about an 1/8", to match the sides better....

Drawer front then got a set of pins milled...

on both ends....then used those to lay out the tails on the drawer sides..

And that was about it for last night....
Cool

May set up for grooves, and dados today....get the back cut to fit, and a bottom for the drawer....we'll see..

Stay tuned..
Winkgrin
You are making amazing progress on this.  Keep em coming.
Lets see...need grooves made, dig a box out of the cabinet..

Open the case...

Main stock and short rods...

Then the sliding stock, making sure it is all the way over, against the main stock..

Then add the fence...

Then dig out the #12 cutter, a quick hone, then install..

Set the fence about 1/4" from the edge of the cutter...

Making sure it is even fore and aft...clamp the part to the bench...overhang it a bit...don't want the fence (or my fingers) to hit anything...

And make a few swipes...wax the groove after a couple passes..check the depth of cut, don't need to do it all in one pass..

Thicker shavings were from the first few passes, what is on the plane now is much better...

When the plane no longer cuts, you have reached the pre-set depth.   Front of the drawer is now done...
Stay tuned..lots more to come...
Ok, gave another plane a chance to put some work in...drawer sides are Pine, anyway.
Clamp a side to the bench, just like before...and.
Rolleyes

A different kind of shaving appears...more like curlies
Winkgrin 

A woodie?

Made back in '64.......1864.   The only bad part?  No depth stop!  Got things close, and finished up with the #45...
All 3 grooves are done?   Need a pair of Dados chopped out...and then cleaned up...

Works for me.   Pilot holes and counter sinks were next..

A back was cut and ripped to size, and a bottom was cut from that 1/4" x 2' x 4' Luann Plywood....time for a little assembly?
Need an area large enough to sit this on.   Glue in the dovetails, glue in the dado...a couple clamps..

Too many clamps?    Those counter-sunk screws in the dados are also "clamps"...framing square to check the drawer is indeed ...square...
Cool

Once it is square, I add a few screws down through the drawer's bottom panel, and into the back of the drawer, no glue.

Sweep the floor of curlies, and let this mess sit awhile...

Waiting on glue to dry, again.  

Stay tuned...
And your project is looking very good from here
Smile
Clamps came off the drawer, this morning....drawer seems to fit well enough...

Laid out the door, and it's hardware, and a few tools..

Hinges needed installed, a handle too....and then a latch...

Yankee Push drill for pilot holes to allow the screws into the Ash...then the Yankee screwdriver to drive the screws home...needed 2 holes drilled, for the handle's bolts..

Then the Yankee to install the bolts....all hardware installed..

Then the door installed in the cabinet...

Then add the magnetic catch and plate...

Drawer got a pair of handles...more drilling, and driving of bolts...drawer back needed a slight trim, to get it to sit all the way in...

All the counter-bore holes on this side of the Island, have been plugged.   Waiting on the glue to dry...then trim  flush, sand smooth.  
Laid the panel for the top in place, to see how it will look...
Winkgrin

Need to work on the middle shelf, next.....then add the top....and then a coat of Witch's Brew..or two...haul this thing upstairs to the Kitchen, and add the casters under the feet...
Stay tuned..
Winkgrin
(06-18-2020, 09:11 AM)bandit571 Wrote: That 1 x 6 Pine board:   Hauled to the shop last night....was cross cut for the 2 drawer sides, then ripped for width.   Strips that were cut off were re-used..

Cut to length, and installed as drawer guides...bead of glue, couple of clamps....

Drawer front needed re-sized for width...about an 1/8", to match the sides better....

Drawer front then got a set of pins milled...

on both ends....then used those to lay out the tails on the drawer sides..

And that was about it for last night....
Cool

May set up for grooves, and dados today....get the back cut to fit, and a bottom for the drawer....we'll see..

Stay tuned..
Winkgrin

On the second picture of the blind dovetails.  Did you drill out the bulk of the wood?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Nope.....just a router bit to hog most of it out, then clean up with a couple chisels....Tails were sawn, then chopped.
Ok...checked with Page 4 of the Plan..
Rolleyes 

Then cut the 3/4" x 2' x 4' Pine plywood panel to size....had to allow for the notches at the legs, and for the Ash edge strips...

Where the shelf meets the cabinet..a cleat was made...

So, edges were glued to the shelf..

Used a special gauge to lay out where the cleat would go..

Attached the cleat, to just clear the top of that bottle....then add the shelf..

Then 2 counter bored holes per leg...add a few screws, and a few plugs.  In fact, I got all 33 plugs installed..
Winkgrin  

Then came back with a wide chisel, a #60-1/2 block plane and a sander....and trimmed them all down flush...

Drilled the corner blocks for slotted holes, to attach the top with..

And, made sure the kicker works as designed..

Works for me....supposed to keep a drawer from tipping down.  

Stay tuned...more to come...was a busy day..
Cool