Help identify this plane
Hercules No. 1414, made by Sargent.   Made to compete against Stanley's "Four Square" line of tools for Homeowners.
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
I thought it was a Sargent do you have a rough idea of a date?
(06-04-2020, 06:00 PM)briman87 Wrote: I thought it was a Sargent do you have a rough idea of a date?

Therte are several websites that sell parts for planes on line. The prices always seemed hihg to me, but they have a good deal of info to help you figure out the proper part to buy and date it. I do not know if I am allowed to name them here. But google the part. Also ggogle lens can spot items from a photo. google image then has a link. The hard way is tio check for patents on the plane maker you suspect.
(06-04-2020, 06:00 PM)briman87 Wrote: I thought it was a Sargent do you have a rough idea of a date?

Sargent brought them out to compete against Stanley's 4Square Line of tools.....1920s-1949.
Cool ...not sure when they started to paint that line green, though..
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that