(Mostly) Sapele Wine Buffet
That is one fantastic piece, nicely done!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Thanks very much for the added photos and write-up.  That's really great work.  Lots of detail that wasn't as clear from the first photos that really add to the character of that piece.  Your finishing process is unconventional but it yields a beautiful luster and I'm sure your hand just glides across it with nary a nit to be found. 

An absolute winner.   

John
Thanks for the kind words. It's very much appreciated.

I stumbled on the finish method completely by accident. I had to leave in the middle of finishing once and I came back to a tacky mess. I ended up trying a few different things and found that mineral spirits works well to strip it almost completely but mineral oil will very gently buff it out. It's a lot of work (or can be if the surface is rough) but if you want a warm satin finish, it's nearly impossible to screw it up.
That looks great. I just finished a cherry buffet, but I need to get better pictures of it.