1/2 power out
Just had an electrical storm blow through. Lost power in 3 breakers. Any idea what’s going on?
Assuming you reset them and still no power then they are toasted. But make sure to flip them off then back on. Some breakers regardless of brand will trip but the lever won't look like it has tripped.
Are they all on the same side of the box?
Dave Arbuckle was kind enough to create a Sketchup model of my WorkMate benchtop: http://www.arbolloco.com/sketchup/MauleSkinnerBenchtop.skp
What he said. Another possibility is a fried ground/neutral or open circuits for those breakers.
Are they in a row?? Are they all on the same phase??  Maybe you lost a phase at transformer. What type breakers??  Are they ground fault or ark fault breakers??  Need some more info.
John T.
Thanks for the feedback. Just got up and the power is back to 100%.
Sounds like one phase conductor (of the two) is open.  Are the breakers that are unpowered on alternating rows in the panel?
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Someone told me I lost a leg.
(06-04-2020, 06:27 AM)Gibbcutter Wrote: Someone told me I lost a leg.

In a 'normal' lighting and distribution panel, with two columns of breakers, each left-right pair of breakers is on alternating legs of incoming power.  So if the top two breakers, then the third two breakers, then fifth two, and so on (or second, fourth, sixth, etc.) are dead, you've lost a leg.  

Cycle the main breaker.  If that doesn't restore power, it's time to call the POCO.

Edit: I should add that it's not terribly unusual to lose a leg, or the neutral for that matter, which is way more hazardous than losing a leg. DW's sister lost a leg at her house due to a rodent chewing the underground cable. The POCO tied the dead side to the live side in the main panel, which restored power temporarily (except that no 240V loads had power), until they could come out and dig up her front yard to make the repair, which they did the next day.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"