pocket door
(06-10-2020, 04:26 PM)WoodCzech Wrote: The Johnson kit I got had the "studs" clad in steel on 3 side so a screw should never get inside the cavity as long as it doesn't miss the stud.  Also, the plastic guides for the bottom stick out in an ugly way if installed per instructions.  I ended up cutting slots in the jamb pieces and installing the guides so they are hidden.  Would have been a lot easier to do before the jambs were nailed on.  Just something to think about.

It would have been easier if I hadn't screwed up and closed off the door in the first place.  I'm kicking myself now.  Once I have the door installed and I have to figure out how to trim it out with the shiplap above 4 feet and board and batten on the lower 4 feet, plus crown molding and base molding and toe cap.  I have to finish up the cut edges and make it look like I planned it this way all along.   A  big headache.

On the reverse side I had up sheetrock on the top half, and beadboard on the bottom, all of which I was able to remove so starting over will be much easier than trimming out the board and batten stuff.

I also  thought of cutting a groove in the bottom of the door to accept a hidden guide.  I might do that if it does not seem too difficult.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.