Bathroom Remodel
Just did a bath remodel and used Redguard for the shower.

You’re not supposed to use the plastic sheeting with the Reguard.
VH07V  
(06-05-2020, 05:06 PM)KC Wrote: I've not heard that plastic sheathing is necessary (or even recommended) behind the cement board.  Especially with Redgard.  I didn't do it.

Plastic sheeting is not used behind cement board and it is not recommended. Your waterproofing layer is the redgard,aquadefence or kerdi etc. You create a mold sandwich by doing so. If any water makes it through there is nowhere for it to escape to. 

Kerdi and other similar products are basically a plastic sheeting with a really well adhered fuzzy coating that cement will adhere to. I trust it a little more than redgard. What I refuse to use is the styrofoam shower pans and foam board for the walls. All this making everything stiff enough to support tile then it all goes out the window with squishy and floppy syrofoam boards. Too many contractors have had to redo styrofoam shower bases. For reliability you do a mud base then board and whatever waterproofing you want to do. 

Now I have to get her to pick out tile for our new bathroom... 42x72 shower with a corner seat, linear drain. Shower panel on the main wall then a handheld only showerhead by the seat. Good for older people or when you are tired or not feeling well.
(06-07-2020, 11:43 AM)Jack01 Wrote: Thanks for the suggestions, I did check that , it looks good, unfortunately it will not fit in the shower enclosure I Have. It has 3 walls, one of the side of my shower is 1/2 height, 
Here is the picture of my shower enclosure.

[Image: 49981186176_863c760a3f_w.jpg]" />

I have a house that had something like that and the shower caused some rot in the floor underneath, so when it came time to repair I put in a finished wall instead of that half wall.  I like it that way although it required adding a bit more lighting
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

It is better to try to do without a glass shower, it is very difficult to care for it and it constantly looks unclean. Although you will wash it 100 times a day. In addition to the complex care of the shower, it is also relatively expensive. If you hire plumbers who will install this shower, then you will have to pay them a fairly large amount of money, just do not forget that the shower itself will be expensive. About 6 years ago, a friend of mine installed such a shower and had to spend about $ 3,000 on it. Of course, if you have extra money, then it won't be a problem for you. As for the bathroom itself, do not forget about the toilet - the most important attribute of any bathroom. I advise you to pay attention to the American standard cadet 3 review, I think you will like it. You've already been given some pretty good advice about other things, so I don't see the point in repeating myself. Good luck, I hope everything works out for you!