Fancy drill?
Yard Sales today....amongst the $9 in "Treasures"  I picked today..
Rolleyes  

Besides a HUGE rasp, a 3/32" nail set, screwdriver tip for a brace, and three 3" C clamps.....was a "special" drill..
Cool  

Stanley No. 610, "100 Plus", almost minty..
Winkgrin

Even has the 100 Plus stamped into the handle, in gold lettering
Cool
Spent $4 for it....maybe too much?
Confused
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Pretty cool! 

Yard sales aren't popular here at the moment, but doesn't matter. Unless you want third-hand sweaters, there are never more than cheezy Chinese screwdrivers to be had. I had best hauls at Deseret Thrift stores.  

So, for me, that hand drill--gosh, even the nail set--is a winner. Good hunting!
Oh yeah, you overpaid big time.  The one I found at a yard sale some years back was $3.  Of course, there may have been inflation in the meantime...

On the one hand, shielded-gear drills are great if you've got grandkids; no crying over body parts caught in the gears.  On the other, I played with my Stanley drill when I got it home, and I just could not keep the chuck tight.
Hmmm...already have the Millers Falls "Buck Rogers" version of this drill....well, at least the 1/4" version....wonder which one came first...
Confused
That 100 Plus is the late model version of that drill; the ones in that size that I see around here are marked "Bell System" as they were issued by the phone company as part of the service tech's residential kit; along with the Yankee push drills. The 2101 Braces were issued to linemen.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Just notice Jim Bode is selling a drill just like my $4 drill.......for $69 or so...
Rolleyes ...Hmmmm.
I love hand drills and braces. I restored a MF No. 2 a while back. Awesome stuff. That huge rasp is likely a farrier's rasp. It'll just give you a lot of frustration if you try to use it on wood.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(06-07-2020, 12:53 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Just notice Jim Bode is selling a drill just like my $4 drill.......for $69 or so...
Rolleyes ...Hmmmm.

Way over priced, unless it is "minty" (to use one of Jim's words).

I have several variations of this Stanley drill, and I paid "around" what Bandit did. It is not an egg beater I reach for, and I much prefer the MF series, particularly the one with the "railroad wheel" idler gear. Might be open, but once you snag you pinkie, you'll learn not to put it there again!
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
I have no idea how much money that drill is worth, but I can say that the one I have that looks just like it works very well.
(06-11-2020, 05:26 PM)Alan S Wrote: I have no idea how much money that drill is worth, but I can say that the one I have that looks just like it works very well.

They are one of Stanley's best..
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset