How do you get under your riding lawnmower?
What do you mean by "get under" ?

Thanks everyone.

I did not even know a mower lift existed. I’ll try dropping the deck first only because I’m trying to avoid having more stuff I only use occasionally. Dropping the deck seems intimidating but I’ll look into it.

That grasshopper thing is exactly what I need though!!

Mike
(06-08-2020, 02:47 PM)mikefm101 Wrote: Dropping the deck seems intimidating but I’ll look into it. 

Yeah, it looks that way, but as jlanciani and brianwelch said, it's not as hard as it looks, and gets much easier once you know the drill.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(06-08-2020, 02:47 PM)mikefm101 Wrote: Thanks everyone.

I did not even know a mower lift existed.  I’ll try dropping the deck first only because I’m trying to avoid having more stuff I only use occasionally. Dropping the deck seems intimidating but I’ll look into it.  

Mike

I’m right around the corner if you need a hand.
(06-08-2020, 02:47 PM)mikefm101 Wrote: Thanks everyone.

I did not even know a mower lift existed.  I’ll try dropping the deck first only because I’m trying to avoid having more stuff I only use occasionally. Dropping the deck seems intimidating but I’ll look into it.  

Mike

I have a Husqvarna with a 42" deck.  It isn't hard to remove the deck, although I don't care to do it more often than necessary.  Blade sharpening also provides an opportunity to clean the deck, so there are advantages to removing it.

I've used one of those grasshoppers with the deck tilt feature.  It is really slick.  A little spendy to get one equipped with it, but a nice feature.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

I've been trying to make a choice on something like a lift. years ago, my simplicity tractor has (has) a deck that was very easy to get off and on. but today it's a john deere X370 and that deck takes quite a bit of doin' to get off and back on, AND, I'm a lot older. A mower lift like the 550 (Cub Cadet/Mojack) looks easy enough, but the multi-tasker in me looks at a floor jack and jack stands. Just not sure, but each season makes that deck harder and harder to handle.
This isn't a woodworking group, its a group of mostly imbeciles and retards.  FearMonger  8-Feb-2012
If God had a sidearm, it'd be a 1911.
I lay on the ground and work my hands under the deck. Can't see what I'm doing- it touchy feely. Never have had a problem.

Now that you mention it though, it getting harder to do it this way.

Would be nice to lift it 6.5 feet in the air and just stand under it. It takes a minute to remove the deck, just hate doing that though.
My ExMark ZTR has a build in jack that is mounted to the front frame. Pull the pin, rotate the jack and crank away. I can jack it up, swap blades and be mowing again in about 15 min....the longest part of that is the cranking up and down. Impact wrench to the 3 blade bolts and re-mounting is all of 5 min. I have two sets of blades and always keep on sharpened so when things look a bit shaggy I just do a quick swap.
I drive mine up on the ramps I use to get it in and out of my shed. There's plenty of room to get under it.

I bought a mojack. Back when I got it they were pretty much the only game in town. It was way more than I wanted to spend, but it was worth every penny. I looked at the HF version and that's what I'd buy if I was getting one today. Looks like they've improved the mojack design and half as much. I have a 48" ZT and dropping the deck is not an option.