What sells best for you
Maybe put the top 10 things.  I know the more a person has to sell the better and price ranges from low to high so anyone can go home with something.

Here are some things for me

For me and all I show are not segmented and that would make a difference also.

1.  Salt and Pepper shakers and depending on price is the height but mostly are $45 to $65

2.  Small bowls depending on figure are $35.  Larger bowls are $75 and up

3.  Vases depending on height and complexity are $95 to $175

4. Small things like Tops other toys and so on run from $2 to $8 and up so kids can go home and making parents part with some $$$$ they might not be buying other wise

5. Boxes from complex to simple range from $25 to $95

6. Platters and plates range from $45 to $300 depending on complexity

7.  Raised objects that have a pedestal under them I raise it $55 to $75

8. Projects like balusters or other work I get from a customer I charge $25 per hour

9. Pens & Pencils I charge per the price of the kit and add $30 to it.  Like the slimlines go for $35 and gun kits $45 and top of the line pens go for $125

10. Fridge magnets.  1/8" and 3/16" work great depending on size of wood.  I have mostly used just branches and drilled a hole in them to fit a slimline or pencils which most women use.  $5

11. Ice Cream scoops and Pizza cutters or any kitchen utensil either wood or metal inserts and holders for kitchen utensils like spatulas, spoons and so on.

12. Pencil/Pen cups for the desk. $10

13. Twig pots which can have the bark on or off but most of what I have sold is with bark on and weeds in it or dried mint we have growing wild. $25 to $45

14. Baby rattles $10

15. Balls/Spheres depending on size and type of wood $8 to $30

16 Kicknacks like bird houses and Christmas ornaments are great sellers.  From $20 to $45

17 Kitchen knobs of which I show several kinds and display several woods that they can make orders from that way you can sell from 10 to 50 of them to furnish the whole kitchen or bathrooms.  I install the nuts in the knobs and allow room so the screws can go deeper.  I charge per knob with nut and screw $5

18. Candles sticks and Tea light holders.  Lots of pictures of them on the internet so check out what is out there.  From $25 to $90 depending on single or set

19. Cutting boards and Cheese boards or even cut off ends of logs for hot pans on the table which are popular.  Cutting board $65 to $75

20.  Tooth Pick holders be thoughtful and make normal ones or unique ones.  $5 to $10

21. Rolling pins and flour bowls which your dog bowls can become.  Even small 2" bowls can be used for dry mixing bowls like for salt, baking powder and so on.  On the bowls $5 to $10

Does anyone else have input on what they sell and price?  What is the things that sell best for you????
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Market in Hawaii is probably way different than yours. Here, it’s the type of wood that determines demand. The top one is Koa of course. My range is $100 to $1000. Most tourists like to take things with them so smaller is the main thing. Pricing there is in the $300 range. Most people want bowls so they can say they are getting something “useful”.

I do NOT  sell candleholders, electrical items (like lamps) or toys for liability reasons. 

People from cruise ships don’t buy anything, it’s mostly from the flyers.

I have a lot if international buyers. I think I have sold to people on every continent except Antarctica. In the U.S., most go to either coast. The midwesterners don’t buy nearly as much.

I only sell through galleries, so I have to rely on what they tell me, but after five years I have built up a pretty decent relationship with them.

After COVID19, all bets are off. I bet sales will be down this year by at least half. At least I have some local support that’s non tourist. Nice thing is I’m not dependent on that income and can easily ramp up production as needed since I have about three hundred rough outs ready to go.
VH07V  
I have to agree those who sell for a living or supplement their income like Mike how goes by PVW who makes a living from it and his sweet wife Judy makes some of the very best baskets I have seen.

With all the riots, looters, and protesting going on it seems the lock down is over but it will take a few months to get back to some sort of normal for craft fairs and such.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

I only sell in galleries. Tried the craft show thing. Didn't work out for me. Everybody wanted cheap. Not quality Only sell open and closed segmented bowls and vases. Wood or corian One gallery is in a mall and the other in a stand alone buiding in a tourist trap area. $250 to $750 price range. I get 75% in tourist area and 80% in mall.No hassels for me and no sitting at craft fairs. There is a lady I know that wants me at a craft fair next year. She claims it is a higher end market and the pricing would not be a problem. I'll think about it. People in Wisconsin are either cheap or careful with their money, depending on what you want to call it. I sell eneough that my hobby pays for itself with a little left over. I do not count on any of it for my main income. I figure if I can make a little money doing a hobby I enjoy, that is a win win for me. Obviously with the virus this year sales have been almost non existent.
(06-08-2020, 02:22 PM)Turner52 Wrote: I only sell in galleries. Tried the craft show thing. Didn't work out for me. Everybody wanted cheap. Not quality Only sell open and closed segmented bowls and vases. Wood or corian One gallery is in a mall and the other in a stand alone buiding in a tourist trap area. $250 to $750 price range. I get 75% in tourist area and 80% in mall.No hassels for me and no sitting at craft fairs. There is a lady I know that wants me at a craft fair next year. She claims it is a higher end market and the pricing would not be a problem. I'll think about it. People in Wisconsin are either cheap or careful with their money, depending on what you want to call it. I sell eneough that my hobby pays for itself with a little left over. I do not count on any of it for my main income. I figure if I can make a little money doing a hobby I enjoy, that is a win win for me. Obviously with the virus this year sales have been almost non existent.

The only ones I've been selling to are friends. Local art gallery closed for over two months. People on etsy seem to bee looking for what is cheapest; not many interests in high end bowl and vessels as so many that are mass produced go for so little and most don't know the difference.
Now where is that chisel
I only sell to friends and haven't sold anything for probably 3 years, because I don't have access to my shop. I'd avoid craft fairs and fairs in general. The stuff I've seen sold there is really, really cheap and mostly poor quality. I remember one guy selling bowls for around $10. Nothing exotic, but he used spray on lacquer on them. The bottoms weren't finished, and you could seen splatter marks all over. Yet he was selling everything he had in inventory. To me, it's not worth the effort. I'd rather spend more time creating a fine piece of art sold in a gallery than knock out hundreds of utilitarian, crudely finished pieces sold at a craft fair. YMMV.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I wonder if he gets his wood for free at that price and they would not even pay for the sandpaper, finish or anything else.
One thing about it tho is people see his crummy work and look at someone else's and pay more??

I get a few log pieces once in a while and for me it takes work and sanding and finishing which is worth more then $10.

It’s all in how you value your time. If you like making stuff for the fun of it, then selling cheap may be the way to go. Either that or give it away. Otherwise, you end up with so much stuff, you run out of room.
VH07V