Greenhouse in process

I'm trying to pose 2 pics from PB to here with no success. I've researched this in WN info but nothing works. Can anyone here help? My spelling sucks, I know

Okay. I was finally somewhat successful with these pics

Jim
Only advice I can offer is to make sure you are clipping the link that is for use in forums.  I stopped using them when they started charging and switched to Imgur.
I don't use a hosting service like Photobucket here.  I just upload the image as an attachment and insert it into the post.  All done from the thread entry screen.
Better on the pics.  Hint to get them into the post exactly where you want them:

1.  Upload the pic (guessing you already know about the 1MB/picture size limitation).
2.  Attach the pic to the post.
3.  Before you insert the pic into the post, make sure your cursor in the text entry pane is exactly where you want the picture in the post.  Otherwise, the pics will default to the beginning of the post.
4.  Insert the pic into the post.

You can edit the placement of those pics by moving the file indicator in the post.  Make sure you keep the brackets attached with the file designator.

You can also remove the pic by just deleting the file attachment designator.
What kind of glazing are you planning on using?
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(06-08-2020, 07:50 AM)Cooler Wrote: What kind of glazing are you planning on using?
Suntuf polycarbonate.
I won't be making much progress outside today and tomorrow, weather & heat, but Wensday it's suppose to be cooler as a result of the storm off of the Gulf. I will be making the door and ceiling window vents in the shop though. 

I did watch Norm's video on his GH and using his techniques for the door and vents.
Just wondering if you have vents in the upper walls to let out the heat??  It looks like there are some in the lower wall to allow cool air in.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(06-08-2020, 08:49 AM)Halfathumb Wrote: Suntuf polycarbonate.
I won't be making much progress outside today and tomorrow, weather & heat, but Wensday it's suppose to be cooler as a result of the storm off of the Gulf. I will be making the door and ceiling window vents in the shop though. 

I did watch Norm's video on his GH and using his techniques for the door and vents.

A neighbor used clear polycarbonate corrugated sheets.  I don't know the cost but it looks way nicer than that wavy stuff.  It also insulates.

I just looked it up.  A 4' x 8' sheet of 6mm (0.236" thick) is $56.00 per sheet.  Probably more than the wavy stuff, but crystal clear poly but not a crystal clear image.

Also you can bend this stuff, though your image does not look like it requires bending.

https://www.teksupply.com/contractor/sup...ering.html

[Image: cpc-stes_1.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I'm building 2 vents that will be in the roof which will be operated by an automatic mechanism that operates on heat. The more heat the more open it gets. Plus the fan is on a thermostat. 

We (LOML & myself) did the research and although the panels Cooler showed would be better, we need 20 panels. $1100 is beyond our budget. This would almost double the cost.

Jim
Wow, that's an amazing price for the double wall polycarbonate.  When I looked last year when I built my solar wood kiln the lowest price I could find for double wall was around $80.  I didn't look to see what the shipping cost would be on this stuff, however, so maybe the amazing price is less amazing when that's added in.  Looks aren't that important for me, so I went with the cheap single wall corrugated SunTuf panels at $44 for 4x8 coverage (2 panels) and added a layer of 4 mil plastic sheathing on the inside of the roof rafters.  That gives smoother airflow, too, for the recirculating air fans.  Probably unimportant in a greenhouse, but definitely a consideration in a solar wood drier.  Anyway, the SunTuf panels held up fine over the first Winter.  

What wood are you using for the greenhouse?  Looks like mahogany or Sapele.  In any case, it looks high end.  Nice work.  

John