Greenhouse in process
(06-09-2020, 02:39 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Wow, that's an amazing price for the double wall polycarbonate.  When I looked last year when I built my solar wood kiln the lowest price I could find for double wall was around $80.  I didn't look to see what the shipping cost would be on this stuff, however, so maybe the amazing price is less amazing when that's added in.  Looks aren't that important for me, so I went with the cheap single wall corrugated SunTuf panels at $44 for 4x8 coverage (2 panels) and added a layer of 4 mil plastic sheathing on the inside of the roof rafters.  That gives smoother airflow, too, for the recirculating air fans.  Probably unimportant in a greenhouse, but definitely a consideration in a solar wood drier.  Anyway, the SunTuf panels held up fine over the first Winter.  

What wood are you using for the greenhouse?  Looks like mahogany or Sapele.  In any case, it looks high end.  Nice work.  

John

It's cedar with SW stain. Thanks for the compliment. 

Jim
I would love to have such a big greenhouse.  What are you planning on growing?

Also, it looks like your sill plates are flat on the concrete, how are you accounting for drainage?
(06-09-2020, 02:39 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Wow, that's an amazing price for the double wall polycarbonate.   

John
I looked for a local vendor (less than one hour away from my house).  I did not know it was such a good price. 

They also sell thinner and thicker versions. 

I was thinking of replacing the plywood panels on my garage door with the clear stuff.  With black paint on the frames it would be a very modern vibe.

A fair amount of work, but only requiring 2 sheets per garage door so not too expensive.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.