Psssst....wanna daughter's dresser build-along update?
Lookin good.........
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I made the base this weekend.  Here are some shots.  I thought I got the 5 degree tilt and 5 degree angle correctly  Man, that took a while on the chop saw figuring it out and cutting them.  Ended up putting the mortises @ 3 and 6 o'clock (when looking at them from the side) and cutting them.  I simply slide the opposite feet to the other side of the blade to get the opposite legs cut].

But, as you can see , I still need to sand a few of the legs down to sit flush on the cabinet.  You might be able to pick out my pencil mark.  (the base is sitting on the top of the case...didn't feel like emptying out the drawers to mount it on the bottom just yet).

Also one of the side mortises didn't seat all the way.  Little upset about that but it will be sitting underneath the cabinet so you'd have to get down on your hands and knees to see that 1/32" gap.

All that I have left is to have her pick out the drawer pulls.  I am starting to lean to 1 pull/drawer.  That just means the drawers have to slide like buttah!

Attached Files Image(s)

Dumber than I appear
Yep no build along and no daughter helping so it is just a project.  Could change the heading.

Other wise then that project looks nice.
Yes
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I could have sworn the cherry leg blanks had aged to a nice dark, rich color.
Wink
Laugh

Looks good and remember, the legs and aprons will be underneath the body, no one will notice if they are a little off.

A little tip from Uncle Carl's neighbor.
"73 is the best number because it's the 21st prime number, and it's mirror 37 is the 12th prime number, whose mirror 21 is the product of 7 times 3. Also in binary 73 is 1001001, which is a palindrome." - Nobel Laureate, Dr. Sheldon Cooper
Well, here it is without handles or finish  (she wants me to stain some sample piece of cherry and show them to her.....then she'll decide on the handles)

the red circle is around a little divot in the wood.  I didn't notice it until the fronts were all cut and I didn't have any spare cherry to re-make them.  Gotta come up with a way to hide that blemish)

Attached Files Image(s)

Dumber than I appear