How many service own A/C ?
(06-15-2020, 06:32 PM)daddo Wrote:  That's good to know. You're way ahead of most.

There are techs out of school (Even some experienced ones) that have a hard time diagnosing systems with odd readings.

I am not saying I can diagnose everything, but we are talking general service and maintenance of which checking charge is part of in my opinion. 

Like I said above when I needed a full system replacement I called in a pro.
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who can read binary code and those who can't.

"To be against hunting, fishing and trapping you have to be spiritually stupid." Ted Nugent
Thinking about the start/run capacitor going bad and taking down the compressor.
Think I'll buy a $15 capacitor and replace it. Cheap insurance.
In FL if your system lasts 15 years your lucky.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
(06-16-2020, 07:57 AM)Pirate Wrote: Thinking about the start/run capacitor going bad and taking down the compressor.
Think I'll buy a $15 capacitor and replace it. Cheap insurance.
In FL if your system lasts 15 years your lucky.

Buy a good one. I don't even carry the cheap ones made in Asia .
(06-18-2020, 02:10 PM)daddo Wrote:  Buy a good one. I don't even carry the cheap ones made in Asia .

Ditto. The US made condensers are quite expensive for what they are but they are far more reliable. Unfortunately not all supply houses carry them.