Drawer and jewelry box question

This a pic of a jewelry bandsaw box drawer I’m making for one of our grand daughters. I had asked about a delamination in the “deleted, deleted” thread. I was able to repair it. It was on each side in the first board that the drawer sides were cut.  The jewelry box has 5 drawers. This is the top drawer and the first one I flocked.

My new questions concern final finish. I’m thinking a high gloss clear finish. Grandma thinks it should be a matte finish. I would like opinions.

The second question has to do with taping the sides and prior to flocking. On this first drawer I used a good grade masking tape that I was told would be good for this, I did not get good sharp edges. Is there a better tape for this like the 3M blue painters tape?
Jim

There is a good chance
Broccoli doesn’t like you either.
#1 where is the gift going? Do some reading on types of finishes to see what shows dust and such. Gloss finish showes EVERYTHING.

When I flock I use the frog tape. Leaves a nice clean line every time.

Nice job on the boxes.
Roger

Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of Jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your rear tomorrow.

9-11 Never forget