Need some info
(06-10-2020, 10:20 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: OK I finally was able to blow up the picture to see what you guys were talking about.

I was not thinking of expansion mode but to put round parts into it like pen, stopper blanks and maybe finials and lock them down.

I really do not think they are to well make for expansion.

Ivan

If you are not using one of the set of jaws let me know how much you want for them.

I think that I gave mine away. If I come across a set in the back of a drawer, I will keep you in mind.

Part of the issue for me is that smooth round tenons in smooth round jaws just do not have any grip to stop them from pulling out of the chuck jaws.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(06-11-2020, 10:47 AM)MichaelMouse Wrote: Just a thought.  If experienced users can't make them work for themselves, do you think beginners could?

The other jaws on the left are replaced in my use by the pin jaws, because they are much more useful.

I've regretted "trendy" purchases made in the past, which is why I rank criticism above recommendation.

Just your opinion MM.  If a person wants to make them work in expansion mode they will.  If I had to way back then I would have tried anyway without going very fast.

Just like I said---- I would use them in compression mode with some sandpaper in the inside to keep them from spinning of which I have done in the past.  I do not like that there is one screw holding the jaws in but then if I am using them in compression with say 5/8" blank or smaller it should work.  Not using them for expansion into a bowl or box since like I said I do not like how one screw holds the jaws in and I have a few Axminister Evolution chucks I can use for the big stuff.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.