Bar clamp Rack
(06-16-2020, 08:30 AM)Halfathumb Wrote: My head is numb after being hit so many times. I wore a helmet for 22 years in the Army 
Winkgrin

I hear ya. I have been hit in the head twice by a 48" Bessey and nearly knocked me out both times! Wasn't a problem with my rack though, more of a problem with me being in a rush.
Before I sold all my besseys and jorgys, the heads were all hanging downward.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Looking at the long clamps, if the heads are not touching the wall, then the cantilever weight of the clamp head is trying to rotate the top of the bar out of the rack.

If that is the rack that is dropping clamps, I would suggest adding a thin strip of wood to the wall behind the lower end of the clamps. The strip should be just long enough that the clamp bar is not touching the back of the lower slots. That might not completely solve the problem, but it should significantly reduce the lever arm at the fulcrum (by changing the fulcrum) and make drops less frequent.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(06-12-2020, 03:38 PM)Halfathumb Wrote: The major problem is that I made the part that the clamps hang on almost the exact size and there's no room for error. They are very square which also some of the problem. I really don't want to remake them if I can help it.

Any further help and suggestions would be appreciated.

Jim

Make small wedge shapes to add on top bearing surface to tilt things back a smidge.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
My bar clamp rack is pretty simple.

[Image: P1010011-XL.jpg]
(06-12-2020, 03:38 PM)Halfathumb Wrote: The major problem is that I made the part that the clamps hang on almost the exact size and there's no room for error. They are very square which also some of the problem. I really don't want to remake them if I can help it.

Any further help and suggestions would be appreciated.

Jim

One other suggestion that I don't think has been made it to epoxy a couple of rare earth magnets in each of the slots that holds the head. Might help just a little. When you decide to rebuild them take a look at the ones Lee Valley offers. They are pretty cheap compared to making your own.
Didja fix this yet?
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(06-16-2020, 08:30 AM)Halfathumb Wrote: My head is numb after being hit so many times. I wore a helmet for 22 years in the Army 
Winkgrin

Ahhh that there is your problem not the racks. 
Laugh
Laugh
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(06-28-2020, 09:15 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Ahhh that there is your problem not the racks. 
Laugh
Laugh
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin

You mean being the Army for 22 years or wearing a helmet?

BTW, everytime we made contact in Nam I would flip that darn thing off of my head. I was to small to maneuver with it on. It always hurt my neck from its weight.

Very funny Arlin!

Jim
Jim
This is what I did for my parallel clamps since they are above my crosscut bench. It is just some eye bolts, a scrap piece of conduit, and a pin to hold it in place.

Attached Files Image(s)

Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.