tape measure
I was asked to help take a measurement with a tape measure  today and was asked if I wanted the smart end or the stupid end.  Since I didn't care what the measurement was I opted for the stupid end. Anyway we laughed for quite awhile. Then it would be brought up again and then some more laughter. Then I said the next time I involved my wife helping me by holding the tape measure, I was going to say here you hold the stupid end. He said I didn't have the balls, so if I am no longer on the forum you will know what happened to me .

Tom
(06-12-2020, 06:36 PM)tablesawtom Wrote: I was going to say here you hold the stupid end. He said I didn't have the ball, so if I am no longer on the forum you will know what happened to me .

Tom

Yea..............oops!!
Laugh
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Lol, not so easy. I had my wife hold the tagged stupid end for a piece of trim measurement. It came up 1/4” short and I checked my cut which was correct. Seems she held her end of the tape measure 1/4” out from where it should have been against the wall corner.
What the Heck, Give it a Try
My old man was a structural engineer and once had to measure an existing building with his 150' tape measure. You can be sure his sidekick (me) got a lesson in holding the stupid end before we went to work. 

That was your error Bucko: no lesson on holding the stupid end.
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
(06-24-2020, 07:41 AM)TomFromStLouis Wrote: My old man was a structural engineer and once had to measure an existing building with his 150' tape measure. You can be sure his sidekick (me) got a lesson in holding the stupid end before we went to work. 

That was your error Bucko: no lesson on holding the stupid end.

When first out of college, I worked for a land surveyor. You can bet your arse that I was instructed (and re-instructed) on how to hold the dumb end (along with how to put witness marks on trees, pounding in markers, etc.).
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com