Escape Board for Bee Hives
Thanks I will give it a look I need to modify some home made boxes the guy who made them had small hands no idea how he got his fingers into a 3/4" groove with gloves on
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

I appreciate the video and the link to the one where the guy was making a jig to cut the handholds in the boxes. I am a new bee haver (this spring) with two colonies, a split and a swarm that I captured 5 days later. If i can get them to survive the winter I can call myself a beekeeper I'm told. I have plenty of equipment, but as a woodworker also I have enjoyed making some for myself. How to cut the handhold had been bugging me, I just couldn't picture how to do it. I would love to connect with you all on the subject of bees. I'm a member of a local club that has a FB page under Delta Beekeepers. if you have some thing similar and would like to share the info with me that would be great.
Anyone see this on the Delta bee keepers site? I have been stung 10 times in 3 months I might be good

"According to data from Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center, the global number of confirmed COVID-19 case exceeded 2.0 million on the 15th of April. I am a physician, and I participated the prevention and control of coronavirus in China.

There is one discovery we would like to report here. It reminds us the story of the discovery of cowpox and the eventual victory of humans over this disease (Bennett and Baxby, 1996). In Hubei province, the epicentre of COVID-19 in China, the local beekeepers association conducted a survey of beekeepers (Fig. 1 ). A total of 5115 beekeepers were surveyed from February 23 to March 8, including 723 in Wuhan, the outbreak epicentre of Hubei. None of these beekeepers developed symptoms associated with COVID-19, and their health was totally normal. After that, we interviewed five apitherapists in Wuhan and followed 121 patients of their apitherapy clinic. These patients had received apitherapy from October 2019 to December 2019, and all the five bee apitherapists have the habit of self-apitherapy for their own health care (apitherapy means making use of bee venom from the honeybee's sting to treat or prevent certain diseases). Without any protective measures, two of the five apitherapists were exposed to suspected COVID-19 cases and others were exposed to confirmed COVID-19 cases, but none of them were infected eventually. None of the 121 patients were infected by SARS-CoV-2, and three of them had close contact with immediate family members who were confirmed SARS-CoV-2 Infection cases. It might be supposed that beekeepers are less likely to be exposed to SARS-CoV-2 because they live in less densely populated rural areas. But the five apitherapists and their patients are from densely populated areas in Wuhan. These people have one thing in common: they develop a tolerance to bee sting"
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Hoping to get a few thoughts here about a laying worker hive.  I picked up a swarm and seems the queen went missing so now I have 4 frames of bees and lots of drone brood.  My thought is to set the box on a larger hive with a piece of newspaper between and the super from the larger hive on top.  From what I understand the pheromone from the laying queen will shut down the laying worker.  

Anyone done this and if you have what type of success did you have

Phil Thien

Oh, man. Thanks for sharing such cool stuff. I'm in the business of raising bees now, too. I'm still just a beginner beekeeper. I subscribe to many YouTube channels that can help me find something that will make cleaning hives easier. I think the art of raising honeybees is something that not everyone can comprehend. I've been accepted into several beekeeping chat rooms. I asked a few questions, but people only gave me stupid and useless advice. I don't know how they raise their bees and don't lose their bee queens. Because they are very bad at beekeeping. Your YouTube channel has really appealed to me. I saved some videos to bookmarks to watch a little later after work.