Unusual DeWalt RAS
I came across this 10HP DeWalt that is listed on a local auction site that I've used.  I've never seen one like it, thought it might be of interest.  It also has the Black and Decker tags.

[Image: 23eM1XTb.jpg][Image: 5I4ZY5xb.jpg][Image: jrPcPutb.jpg][Image: VMvlE1Rb.jpg]
[Image: dUZdvZZb.jpg][Image: OBgXOsPb.jpg]
I've never seen one in person that was set up for metal cutting before. Interesting
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Interesting.....would guess set up for cutting aluminum.

Ed
While I've seen pics of a few of the wood-cutters modified and used for metal, I've not seen one that came from the factory set up like that. Pretty cool.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I would have thought the climb cut direction of a RAS would be more of a problem while cutting metal. It looks like that saw solves the problem by power feeding.
Cool will cut metal and wood just change the blade and stop the coolant.  Would be swell to have.  Had one almost like that in training in the military but different name brand and it would cut and soft steel and other soft metals up to 6".

What are they asking for it??
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I wonder if it has a abrasive blade to cut metal? I have a cold cut saw with a carbide blade to cut metal. Not sure they had them when that saw was made. My cold cut saw runs a much slower RPM than a miter saw.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
Black & Decker didn't own Dewalt until 1960, then they divested themselves of the radial arm saw stuff in 1989, so the saw dates from that time period.  Does it have a model number? Also, 10HP is a big motor. Is it a 3-phase motor? Many municipalities prohibit 3-phase power in residential areas.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(06-15-2020, 12:02 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Cool will cut metal and wood just change the blade and stop the coolant.  Would be swell to have.  Had one almost like that in training in the military but different name brand and it would cut and soft steel and other soft metals up to 6".

What are they asking for it??

It's an auction that hasn't started yet.  Here's the URL if anyone local wants to bid.  $5 starting bid
Smile

https://www.westauction.com/auction/2507...saw-326204

Lift Mechanic, you can see the spare blades in this shot, not abrasive.  Maybe for aluminum as someone mentioned.

[Image: wlNvnVt.jpg]
I could afford to bid $5 but doubt it will go for that and shipping would be way to much.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.