how to remove epoxy paint from garage floor
I painted my garage floor with Sherwin Williams 2 part epoxy floor paint and it is peeling.  The floor was pour in the end of July last year and I painted it the middle of Oct.  I used a floor sander to rough it up a little then swept it hosed it out and let it dry for 3 days before I painted it.  Now I have to remove that coating as Sherwin Williams came out and offered to replace the paint.  What is the best way to remove the old paint.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drgB7J-ckbA

Rent a diamond brush grinder.  rated for removing epoxy floor paint.
WoodNET... the new safespace
(06-16-2020, 02:38 PM)Splinter Puller Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drgB7J-ckbA

Rent a diamond brush grinder.  rated for removing epoxy floor paint.

I was going to suggest a floor sander, but your suggestion is probably better.  But it sounds like a God-awful amount of work and dust.  I would sooner lay down garage floor tiles.  It will hide the epoxy and look great at the same time.

From Great Mats.  Reliable company and fair pricing.  We ordered 3/4" thick horse stall mats for my dog's bed.  It outlasted the dog and offered terrific insulation.

https://www.greatmats.com/garage-floorin...-tiles.php

[Image: techfloor-garage-floor-checker-board.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I have used the diamond grinder head on a floor buffer rented from Depot before to grind the thin set from a whole house tiled with marble tile..... 

Now remember those cartoons where they would spin in circles on floor buffers. That is not a joke and it will happen. It may have only a 1hp motor but it is super torquey. If the cutter grabs the thinset a little and you aren't ready it will rip the handle from your hands and fling it around until it hits a wall or impales the handle back into you. 

Since you are just grinding the surface and its just paint you shouldn't have any real issues but it takes practice and lots of respect. It is one of the most dangerous tools I have ever used. I'd rather freehand cuts on the table saw blindfolded then to use one for removing thinset again.

If you do go that routs make sure the cutter has actual diamond material left on it. They wear away pretty quickly and depot is known to send them out with almost no abrasive left.
id start with a high psi pressure washer. might have a lot more come off with that
i wonder what SW recommends
(06-16-2020, 05:41 PM)tomsteve Wrote: id start with a high psi pressure washer. might have a lot more come off with that
i wonder what SW recommends
I already tried that not much came off even when I use the sand injection unit that I have takes a long time.
Well I rented the grinder from Home Peepot and ground most off it off still need up against the walls boy did I have a lot of concrete and paint dust I would say at least 30 gallons.  I did it in 4 sections about 1.5 hours each.  The worst part was sweeping it out
(06-17-2020, 02:52 PM)fixtureman Wrote:   The worst part was sweeping it out

And breathing it all in.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(06-17-2020, 02:56 PM)Cooler Wrote: And breathing it all in.

No choice these days since you can't get dust masks for work anymore.
I used a dust mask I am a wood worker and owned a construction company