Adding oil to Grizzly planer gearbox
The Grizzly tech rep explained a much easier way to add gear box oil to my G0453 15” planer. Anyone who has added oil to the gearbox of this family of planer knows, the fill hole is located in a position that makes it extraordinarily difficult.

One of the cap screws on top of the planer that attaches the gear box to the planer goes through the casting into the interior of the gear box. Remove each screw until you find the hole that goes all the way through the casting. Use that hole to add oil until it begins to flow out of the fill hole.
Yes. My 20" is that way.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Good to know. I just stick a piece of plastic tubing on the end of the gear-oil bottle nozzle and squeeze.
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.