Delta 50-760 Dust Collector Run Capacitor Failure
Last night my son and I were milling some large poplar boards for some bi-fold doors that I am making for a friend when my son noticed smoke coming from the dust collector.  Upon investigation this is what I found:

[Image: AhmIbmc.jpg]  [Image: Hl6tbC4.jpg]

The run capacitor was toast.  Looking online I found out that the Delta part (A05127) has been discontinued.  I couldn't find a replacement with the same voltage but found out as long as the capacitor's voltage rating was the same or higher then it would be OK.  The problem with that is that as the voltage increases so does the size of the capacitor.  Most of the ones that I found would not fit inside the switch box.  I was finally able to track down this one at a local electronics supply company for $10.58+tax:

[Image: Si7gfwb.jpg]  [Image: LgSE53I.jpg]

Just barely fits and works just fine:

[Image: r0mYwjd.jpg]
Nice work and post,  hope I don't need one for mine, but if I do, you did the legwork.
Trying to replace my DC run capacitor also... how did you know which terminal to connect to which wire?
Also, did you get special 4-prong connectors for the new capacitor?
Thanks!!
I'm pretty sure I have that same dust collector, mine went bad soon after I purchased it and delta replaced it under warranty. My point is that it may have been a weak part.
(07-22-2021, 01:31 PM)Blaise53 Wrote: Trying to replace my DC run capacitor also... how did you know which terminal to connect to which wire?
Also, did you get special 4-prong connectors for the new capacitor?
Thanks!!

It doesn't matter which wire is attached to which terminal.  

Only 1 of the 4 terminals is used and it doesn't matter which of the 4 as they are all connected together to the same point on the capacitor.  Look closely at the last picture in the original post.