PSA
(06-21-2020, 08:49 AM)Bob Zajicek Wrote: Whoa! Valley Forge! Was that like 2010 maybe?  

Sorry to read of your Kerf Kadet's semi-demise.... I can PM you our admin address and you may return it. We'll see what we can do for you.  
Yes 

Cheers, Bob
Czeck Edge Hand Tool

Couldn’t believe it’s been that long since Valley Forge, so looked it up. It was actually 2009. Time really flies by.

Thank you for the offer. I was able to get the back pitting off, plus the all important tip point has no pits and is sharp, but it’s even thinner than original to get it useable. Actually used it on some dovetails a couple of weeks ago.
John
(06-22-2020, 09:19 AM)jstraw Wrote: Couldn’t believe it’s been that long since Valley Forge, so looked it up.   It was actually 2009.  Time really flies by.

Thank you for the offer.  I was able to get the back pitting off, plus the all important tip point  has no pits and is sharp, but it’s even thinner than original to get it useable.  Actually used it on some dovetails a couple of weeks ago.

Wow... 2009! That's a while alrighty. So you're Kadet is OK then? We use shellac on all the tool handles, so if the finish on yours is less that what you'd like it's easily fixable. Just smooth it out with 400 - 600 girt and rub on more shellac. 
Yes

Cheers, Bob
Bob Zajicek
Marietta, GA
Owner Czeck Edge Hand Tool
http://CzeckEdge.com

After checking the Kadet I have, I think I am good. It’s fully functional and tells an 11 year story. The damage from a major storm and the restoration of a tool that is still my favorite marking knife.
John