Powder Room Medicine Chest
I think it has been about forever since I posted here. It has been probably just as long since I completed anything meaningful in my shop. My shop is in the basement of our 1891 home, which has a loose stone foundation and originally had a dirt floor. The original owners/builders poured concrete in 1948 (I know this because the workers scratched the date and their names in one corner). Over the years, though, it was modified and some areas re-poured, and now some areas slope *away* from the only floor drain. Since the floor was never meant to be solid anyway, it collects some water when it rains, which makes it rather difficult to work. This became a real bother, and for that and a general creatve block I've had for a while, I didn't really do anything useful down there. Now I've completed two projects in the past few weeks and have several more on paper, so maybe this is the start of a new era of work for me? Ha.

In any case, this medicine chest was started in November 2018, and finished just a few weeks ago. I finally got around to writing up a blog entry on it. I'm happy with how it turned out, though my skills got pretty rusty in those intervening years (this was even more apparent in the desk project I just finished, but hopefully I'm the only one who can see those oopses). 

Someday, I'll have a shop above grade that doesn't flood every time it rains. That will be a good day. Until then, I can work around the rain. 

And here is the blog entry with lots more photos.

[edit: Apparently the photo link doesn't work the way I think it does, so I just added the photo as an attachment.]
That looks great, although the cat appears less enthusiastic about it.
(06-22-2020, 09:54 AM)stav Wrote: That looks great, although the cat appears less enthusiastic about it.

Where's the cat???
Dumber than I appear
(06-23-2020, 07:34 AM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: Where's the cat???

Click on the link provided in the original post for the blog. The cat is about halfway down in the photos.

Bill
Keep looking. You'll see it.

?
(06-23-2020, 07:34 AM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: Where's the cat???

Sorry, I tend to be wordy, so it was easier for me to write all of the words once in the blog thing than it was for me to do it both there and here.