door knob lubricant
I have a couple door knobs that are 20+ years old and getting a little stiff to use. What is the best lubricant to use on them?

Jim
(06-26-2020, 02:21 PM)Halfathumb Wrote: I have a couple door knobs that are 20+ years old and getting a little stiff to use. What is the best lubricant to use on them?

Jim

Remove the handles to expose the innards and use a dry graphite spray lube.
https://www.acehardware.com/departments/...lsrc=aw.ds
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

TriFlow spray lube always works well for me.  

John
Remove the knobs and striker, inspect for proper alignment or damage, lubricate or replace worn striker.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
(06-26-2020, 06:08 PM)jteneyck Wrote: TriFlow spray lube always works well for me.  

John

I use TriFlow also.  Excellent stuff.  -Howard
A good long lasting lube that is a little thicker to stay in place on internal parts is- Tap Magic. I've used it and it tends to stick around much longer than any spray or thin oil.