Finished my out-feed assembly table

Just finished an out-feed, assembly table for my SawStop. It's 3ft x 5ft with 8 drawers and is on leveling casters so it can be moved when needed. The top is a torsion box made with 1/2" MDF and trimmed with red Oak. It over hangs about 3 inches on three sides to allow for clamping. A couple of odd mods had to be made. I added a 2x2 inch extension strip (black) to allow a more continuous transition from the top of the saw. Also, I had to cut a notch at the bottom of the saw side of the table to allow clearance for the dust port & hose that runs under the table.

It may not be the best design out there, but it replaces an old hollow core door that sat on two old kitchen cabinet bases. I know I'm going to enjoy the upgrade.
Telling a man he has too many tools,
is like telling a woman she has too many shoes.
Looks great!

The best design is the design that works for you in your shop.

When I moved into my current shop 6 years ago, I only had "slap-dash" outfeed and assembly tables.  Fortunately, I had plenty of square footage available, so I ended up building a 4 foot square outfeed/assembly table/workbench.  Like yours, it abuts my tablesaw, although I didn't make it mobile.  That work surface transformed my shop.  I use it every day.

Enjoy!
Thumbs Up 
That looks very nice, Terry. You're going to enjoy the storage space.
Nicely done, is there anything connecting it to the saw?
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Great job Terry. An outfeed that add function and storage. What a welcome upgrade for you. Nice mod in adding the strip to fill the gap. My table also has an offset and shape to accommodate this. I currently run my table below the miter slots but, after a few years of use I think I will be adjusting it up and adding slots.
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

Looks great to me.  Lots of storage is a must.
(07-02-2020, 10:12 AM)fredhargis Wrote: Nicely done, is there anything connecting it to the saw?

No, nothing connecting it to the saw. It's just as close as I can get it but about 1/8" lower than the height of the saw's table.
Telling a man he has too many tools,
is like telling a woman she has too many shoes.
Aewsome outfeed/storage design. You're gonna love it!

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Very nice. Looks well made
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Very nice, looks like it'll work good. I like the drawers for storage.

Ed