New straight edge for cordless saw
A new DeWalt cordless saw requires a new straightedge guide.

I picked up a 5' x 5' sheet of Baltic birch plywood (18mm).

I ripped enough off one edge to make this 5 foot cutting guide.  As I had no thinner plywood on hand, the top piece of my guide rail is made of 18mm BB ply that's resawn in half.  This is my first time using MicroJig dovetail clamps.  They seem like they'll hold up just fine.

MicroJig gives exact dimensions of the dovetail so it will fit their clamps.  To cut that dovetail in the underside of the rail, I first made a 1/4" slot the entire length then followed with a Freud 14 degree dovetail bit.  It worked great.
[Image: 50072626702_0b7a38123d_o.png]

[Image: 50071760618_961835dde9_c.jpg]

[Image: 50071760603_5146fe2a10_c.jpg]

[Image: 50072571882_205fd1cf66_c.jpg]
I like that very much. I'm not real big on a commercially made track saw system. Call me old school (cause I am old) but I have a piece of 1/2" plywood about 6" wide that is edge banded with laminate. I made it over 32 years ago and it it is still straight as an arrow and works well. 

If I was making a new one, I'd seriously consider your design. It should give you many years of great service.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry