Installing high tech devices with low tech tools
Finally broke down and bought a Nest thermostat for upstairs, decided that I needed to relocate the thermostat.  Had to use one of my installation drill bits because I had to drill through a lot of wood to relocate the wires, but then couldn't force the wires through the small hole it makes.  Walked downstairs, got a 130 year old augur bit and a brace, had a perfectly sized hole drilled all the way through in no time.  Man, that was satisfying.  

When I showed the augur bit to my son, he said "is that as nice as something you could get from Lowes?"  I chuckled, and said "no, it's way better made than what I could get at Lowes."  He said "I didn't know they had manufacturing in the 1800's."  Kids these days...
"Yes, of course duct tape works in a near-vacuum. Duct tape works anywhere. Duct tape is magic and should be worshiped." Andy Weir (in his book The Martian)