The aroma of wood
LOML requested I create a 2' x 4' frame so I pulled a chunk of 5/4 QS clear white pine off the rack and headed to the jointer. As the cutterhead engaged the wood the aroma of the pine filled the air. Sweet, maybe a little tart, fresh, clean and inviting. Almost as though the wood was reaching out to me. 

I had to stop and inhale. Relax. Think. Relish shop time. 

Enjoying life with wood. And sawdust.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Walnut's the best!
Milo wood is definitely the best.
VH07V  
To me it's sassafras.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Give me mesquite please.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
I love to turn olivewood
White Oak and a goblet to use with it.
Was living the good retired life on the Lake. Now just living retired.
Love the aroma of pine also, but not what it does to my tools! Walnut is my favorite. I have a piece of sassafras Roy Underhill gave me. Love that smell too. Cocobolo smells like cinnamon when I'm turning it, but the dust is pretty nasty, so I wear a mask when turning. Zebrawood is the opposite. Smells like a wet dog. Ugh! Cedar is another nice one.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Turning Amboyna Burl and ripping Bloodwood.
Southern yellow Pine
Black Walnut
Florida Camphor
Olive wood
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Nobody has mentioned Redwood?

Yes
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.