Who makes a good brad point drill bit?
Busted my 3/32 brad point drill bit. It belonged to a set that Lee Valley does not seem to sell anymore. I believe it is HSS. LV does list individual bits but they are on back-order until September.

Who makes a good one?

Thanks in advance.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
(07-06-2020, 03:06 PM)Aram Wrote: Busted my 3/32 brad point drill bit. It belonged to a set that Lee Valley does not seem to sell anymore. I believe it is HSS. LV does list individual bits but they are on back-order until September.

Who makes a good one?

Thanks in advance.

Lee Valley still sells their HSS lipped brad point sets.  They are in the same listing as the individual bits at the bottom of the drop down list (and the set with the 3/32 is in stock).  But I'm guessing that you don't want to buy a set just to get the 3/32 bit.  I don't know of any other maker that I'd be as happy with.
(07-06-2020, 03:06 PM)Aram Wrote: Busted my 3/32 brad point drill bit. It belonged to a set that Lee Valley does not seem to sell anymore. I believe it is HSS. LV does list individual bits but they are on back-order until September.

Who makes a good one?

Thanks in advance.
I have several individual bits I bought from Woodcraft, Fisch brand I think. None that small and a quick look at the web page and I don't see 3/32".

The quality of the Fisch bits has always been good.

As a prize in a raffle at my local woodworking guild, I won one of the 29 piece fractional sets in brad point and that does I believe have a 3/32". So far, those have been nice bits.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Holbren comes through again!!

NORSEMAN 3/32" X 1-1/4" X 2-1/4" BRAD POINT DRILL BIT  Price: $2.76
Laugh
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
(07-06-2020, 04:22 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: Holbren comes through again!!

NORSEMAN 3/32" X 1-1/4" X 2-1/4" BRAD POINT DRILL BIT  Price: $2.76 
Well, go Brian! Thanks, WT, I have no problem spending my money at Holbren. Now what else do I stuff into my shopping bag, to make it worth the trip....
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

(07-06-2020, 05:48 PM)Aram Wrote: Well, go Brian! Thanks, WT, I have no problem spending my money at Holbren. Now what else do I stuff into my shopping bag, to make it worth the trip....

I’d start with multiples of the bit sizes that you commonly use; that way you’re not dead in the water when the next one breaks. Brad point bits, even good ones, are more or less disposable.
(07-06-2020, 06:17 PM)jlanciani Wrote: I’d start with multiples of the bit sizes that you commonly use; that way you’re not dead in the water when the next one breaks. Brad point bits, even good ones, are more or less disposable.

Agreed, already have multiples in my shopping cart!
Best,
Aram, always learning

Affinity Tools sells the Fisch line. Very, very good bits from Germany.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
Just wanted to say great thread.  I've been needing to get a decent set and have wondered the same thing - only to forget about it after I'm done working in the shop and have come in and messed around on the computer.

I will say that for metal drilling - I bit the bullet and "invested" in some Walter Abrasives 135 degree bits (29 piece set), found it on sale at a welding supply house online.  Sit down when you go to searching for these.  
Laugh  One thing is for sure, these aren't retail big box or corner hardware store bits.  They are the real deal.  Need to drill several holes in 1/4" steel? Get out your Milwaukee drill motor and go to town.
W. L. Fuller bits are excellent. Amazon, Jamestown Distributors, Wood Shop Bits, and Hardwick & Sons, carry them in your size. Tools for Working Wood carries Fuller brads but not 3/32".