Where's the wood?
In my area, there is not one treated 1x6 decking board to find.  Went to several outlets such as  Lowes, Home depot, and a few independent outlets. None available for several months  they say.  Customer Service saying due to Cv-19 everyone is home and doing needed repairs while they have time.  What about your area?
Regards,
Bill
I just finished our deck today.  Lumber from Menard's.

First go around, they only had 10 of the 17 2x6x12.  Well...they had more, but the rest were junk.  They had more when I returned.  They also had some 10's when I went to buy some of those 

I bought (but waited to pick up until special order lumber came in.)
(4) 5/4 x 6 x 18
(14) 5/4 x 6 x 20

and special ordered

(5) 5/4 x 6 x 22
(2) 5/4 x 6 x 24

When I went to pick up the decking, they said they only had 3 of the 18', so I just "returned" those on paper and bought 4 more 20.  The computer showed they had 400 in stock.  They guy in the yard said they had one bundle of 96 (I think) and he was taking that to another customer.  That guy took 44.  I took 18.  So that left them with 34 something.  Not sure what they had in the shorter lengths...  Heard somebody said they were out of 16'ers.

I guess the moral of the story is they had what I needed, but supplies seem to be getting short.

On the other hand...hardwood markets 
No  Sawmills shutting down because of lack of demand.
I was talking to a local concrete/masonry contractor last week; he said he had heard of shortages (Omaha area) but he was still able to find stuff going around to the various boxes.

The concrete guy was at my house fixing some collateral damage done to a treated lumber enclosure that had occurred the day before; a mixer driver backed into the wooden screen around my dumpster during the course of a pour.  The concrete guy was able to get everything at Menards on the spot that morning (AC2 4 x 4, 2 x 3s).

Menards web site is usually good about giving you an idea of on-hand quantity.  However, it's only updated once every 24 hours; sometime around midnight.  So, if an item is a hot seller, the quantity on hand is less likely to be accurate as the day goes on.  If I'm headed to Menards, I try to be there within 30 minutes of opening.
We're cleaned out in the MD area too. Not so much because of supply, but because of demand. Lots of people staying home these days fixing up their homes. Wood is coming in slowly but is already sold.

This was HD last week. I just need to build some steps. There's no decking boards available so I'll build the steps and figure out the treads later. Had to make everything from 16' 2x4s and 2 x 6s. Not the original plan.

[Image: MQU1pTh.jpg]
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

DIY with Shou Sugi Ban?
Plenty of lumber in Lowes and Home Depot in my area (mid-Hudson valley, NY).
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(07-12-2020, 06:27 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: We're cleaned out in the MD area too. Not so much because of supply, but because of demand. Lots of people staying home these days fixing up their homes. Wood is coming in slowly but is already sold.

This was HD last week. I just need to build some steps. There's no decking boards available so I'll build the steps and figure out the treads later. Had to make everything from 16' 2x4s and 2 x 6s. Not the original plan.

[Image: MQU1pTh.jpg]

looks like the Lowes I use. Construction limber is very scarce,
Jim
I have been watching the supply at our borgs and they are a little lower than usual but you would have no problem getting what you need. Treated was a little lower in supply than regular lumber but not much worse than normal. Course there is no deck building going on right now. You won't see deck construction until mid to late september when it's habitable for human life outside. Actually decks aren't nearly as popular here as they are in other parts of the country because there are so few days during the year when you can enjoy being outside that they aren't worth the investment for so little use. 

This is Texas for half the year but we have lots of humidity and pollen year round to make it even worse. 

Trying to plan a deck build here in Upstate NY.

Only place local is Lowes and they have zero of everything needed.  Not one darn twig of anything.

Expanding the search I can find 3 2x4's here and 2 2x6's there.  Spend a grand on gas might be able to come up with half a deck.

Looking like a next year project.
Vaping Bad.........
Went to two Menards and one Lowes yesterday, not a single pressured treated 4x4 at any of them. 

Al
Some people are like a Slinky. Not really good for anything but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy. Blessed are the peacemakers.